The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estella

Can I bring a pot of rosehip tea to the porch? Anyone care to share?

Elphanigh

Definitely. I love all sorts of tea, so I would love to share  ;D

Sceal

I desperatedly need to be here tonight.

I'm going to find a big comfortable blanket, and a spot somewhere on the ground where I can watch the stars, and hear the waves of the ocean nearby rolling onto the beach. And when I get tired of lying on my back, I'm going to roll over and stare out at the ocean.

sanmagic7

i'll be here today, just enjoying the company.  did too much yesterday physically, so need to rest.  will bring my knitting, sit in my rocker, listen to the waves, and smell the sweet odor of the earth coming alive once again.   mmmm . . . i love springtime.

Elphanigh

I will be here too. Have put out a lot of energy the last few weeks. Not having an actual day off for three weeks is really difficult (and this next week has no days off)

I want to walk around in the grass, enjoying the blossoming trees and growing flowers. I will find a tree where I can see the water but also still sit directly on the base of the tree comfortably. I brought a book, my art supplies, and a good cup of tea.

alliematt

I need a hammock, a blanket, and some soothing noises to drift off to sleep with.

Sceal

ooh, that sounds lovely allie.
I would like a milkshake without feeling guilty, and some nature walks

Elphanigh

I want to rest here tonight, down by the water with the fire going. I love the reflection of the moon on the water, and the way the fire dances in the cool night breeze. I have a blanket wrapped around my shoulders for comfort. My heart aches tonight, and it is safe for me to hurt here.. this place always helps heal me.

Elphanigh

Find myself missing Wife#2 today.  Wanted to come here and feel a bit closer to this place again. Not sure I ever left it last night though.

Think I will go for a walk around the porch (because my knee magically isn't in pain here.) I will greet all the wonderful animals I pass by and maybe find a cat that will let me hold it for a bit. I think wife2 was always one for dancing or gardening. When I feel a bit stronger I will do both today.

FTmomPTsurvivor

First visit to this porch.
Feeling so alone the past few days. Need a safe place to drink tea, cry, and feel the pain I have buried so very deep for so very long. I always have to be the strong one, and I am so tired. 

Even though I am physically alone (with the exception of 2 little nuggets still wide awake and loud as ever)- I know somewhere out there, someone is on this porch with me, soaking in the scenery and the silence, and validating my insatiable need to ugly cry about nothing and everything all at once.

Thanks for allowing me to visit the healing porch, I feel a touch of relief and acceptance after finding this outlet- exactly what I needed to remind me that there is always hope <3

Elphanigh

I am so glad you found this space. There is always company here, and tonight that happens to be me. I too feel the need to ugly cry right now. Had some pretty rough feelings come up and I am not really sure what they are but I think hurts

FTmomPTsurvivor

Thank you!! I was a little too excited that someone responded to me! haha

Mine were triggered by a combination of a text from my BPD /NPD ex, ripping apart my existence basically and ending it with "I am so much better off without you, thanks for giving me the best gift by leaving so I could see how pathetic you are- the only good you have ever done is bring our children into this world"- & my 5 year old son deciding after a visit with dad he "liked dad better and is going to move in with him" and that dad told him its up to mom to decide if he can live there.

I gave up everything for my babies, protected them from the harmful and dangerous and neglectful things he did the 8.5 years we lived together. Finally got the courage to move into my own place, have my own car, and have been surviving without him for 9 months now. Got my kids in therapy, support them financially (with the occasional monthly transfer of 200 bucks for 2 kids), take care of their school stuff, am involved in their activities, we go to play dates, jump zones...
and yet he shows up for a weekend and I'm the bad guy and he's the hero and "more fun" then mom.

Thanks for sitting with me, ugly crying with someone else that understands is comforting- ill say a prayer for your healing as well <3

Elphanigh

That is a lot to be going through. I am glad you are taking care of yourself here. It is good to have company that understands. I really greatly appreciate the prayers for my healing, they mean a lot. I will sit with you here as long as you need someone to be tonight.  :hug:

Elphanigh

Coming to sit here today. I think I will bring some drawings and a nice cup of tea to the porch today. Right now, I feel like going on a walk through the trees and then down by the water. Barefoot, just letting my feet feel the earth below me. It is full of calm and reassuring sensations. When I am done I will come back and draw, it may not be beautiful today as my heart is full of hurt and violent memories today. Somehow the colors and lines do always get to something beautiful at the end though.

Sceal

Walking barefoot sounds wonderful!

I will put the part of me who needs to acknowledge alot of things in here today. That part of me is so fragile, and vulnerable yet stubborn... That part is afraid of tenderness, but is even more afraid of rejection. That part will be here today. Unsure of what that part needs of the porch.