The Healing Porch2: Rest for Weary Souls

Started by Three Roses, November 27, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Thank you, Blueberry  :hug: I need them badly. My stamina and power are running low. I can manage the hours for a while but only so long. The weather here is not helping. I definitely am feeling the massive toll these hours are having on me

sanmagic7

coming here to rest and recover. 

bringing my fav magical creature - the cheshire cat from 'alice in wonderland'.  he will entertain.

Elphanigh

Going to come here to try to find a sense of peace and compassion for myself. I need to find some understanding for myself in the same ways I do with other people.

I will go for a walk down by the shore, no shoes of course. Feeling the sand between my toes, and the slight breeze in my hair. It is a dose of fresh air that I could use. If anyone wants a small walk they are welcome, if not I am content to just walk by myself as well. I might even find a little place to sit and skip stones for a bit. To watch them as they bounce across and take inspiration from how they just skip across the waves effortlessly

Elphanigh

I feel like I come here so much. Tonight I am coming for some peace as well, but from a bit different set of emotions. I am going to rest because emotions are exhausting. Might find me on the porch tonight, in my favorite chair. There will be endless tea, as I have felt true hatred for the first time in my life, tea is a calming substance for me. Help me finish this wave of things

Blueberry

I guess I need to put some parts of me on the Porch so that other parts of me can continue the work I'm meant to be doing. The only thing is I have to figure out which parts go where and that's not so easy! The sleepy babies can go in a cradle, watched over by Blueberry a few decades on, and the sleepy teenagers are climbing onto an old sofa where they can pull the covers over their heads.

Some of the ICs like 4 year old and 6 year old will go and play in the garden, running barefoot, or maybe they'll even go down to the shoreline, the 2 year old is running with them because she likes to play near water. They're not real little children so I know in their cases that they can play on the shore without being in danger. They can come back to me in an hour and a half maybe to remind me of the sensation of running barefoot in the sand and at the water's edge. That might help me re-ground and take a break from thinking, reading, writing, making decisions. Something to look forward to!

The part of me that makes jerky movements to music can maybe do that from time to time to help blockages unblock. But not all the time or the main part of me won't be able to concentrate. 

Sceal

I need to hide from my shame today.
So I'm wrapping myself in a big, heavy and soft blanket and curling up in the most comfortable chair in the world, staring at the blinking stars high above.

Elphanigh

Coming here tonight...  need a peaceful space that doesn't make me jump or have any form of additional anxiety. Session was rough, so here to kind of forget the real world for a moment.  :hug:

Elphanigh

I am going to leave the scared version of me here tonight. I need to be able to focus at work, although I am thoroughly freaked out. So taking a page from Blueberry.

The part of me that is freaked out is about 14 or 15... she loves to read, dance, listen to music, and make music. So she will be here tonight playing music on the shore for anyone that's wild like to listen.  I will have the fire going, and a place to read set up for breaks.

Blueberry

The fire sounds lovely. Hope your ITeen finds healing and solace, or just a good outlet for feelings. Great self-care, Elphanigh!

Elphanigh

sanmagic7

i just want a place away from tension.  i'm not doing well with it in this house at the moment.  rocking chair, blanket, i'll listen to the music if it's still going, otherwise just rock and rock and calm and soothe myself in the magic of this place.

Elphanigh

Goodness I have not been in this place enough recently. This afternoon I want to sit on the porch drawing and drinking a cup of coffee (magically always warm and jitter free). I will also have some music on in the background, not loud ad triggering, but fun and uplifting. I love drawing to show tunes of other upbeat options. 

I need just a safe place and rest from some recent craziness. Feel welcome to say hi, otherwise I am just sitting on the ground of the porch enjoying the peaceful energy of this place

Blueberry

I didn't even think of coming on here before! So it's good for me that you did Elphanigh cuz makes thread appear in Updated Topics  :thumbup:

Idk even what to do here: go running down to the water's edge barefoot to rest and comfort my feet in the sand and water; sit in a swing seat and drink my diluted multi-vit juice; get up and dance to music that nobody else can hear who doesn't want to (sooo glad we have a magic Healing Porch)

I'm sure I'll find the right one, or do them all one after another.

Elphanigh

All of that sounds wonderful, especially putting your feet in the water. That is such a calming sensation. I might opt to do that at some point too. Need to get to feeling a bit more comfortable first. Sitting just directly on the porch, in kind of an odd but comforting position to draw is more controlled right now. Guess I need a sense of control and calm today

Elphanigh

Going to be here tonight, bringing little 5 year old Elpha. We are going to both work on sitting calmly and being more connected to each other. I am making the best hot cocoa with milk, even has marshmallows on top. Sitting in a could of rocking chairs enjoying the calm motion with the energy this porch gives both of us. We have both been struggling so hard with all of this, and existing in our separate worlds. Now we can start to calm and heal this together. So hear we are.

Slow motions and no loud noises for us but the porch is magical so any noise everyone else needs to have we won't hear. Thanks for letting little Elpha be here as well everyone