My family hated my therapist

Started by BlancaLap, December 02, 2017, 02:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

The very first therapist I had didn't turn out as expected, at least for my family.

She was a very nice woman, who showed empathy toward me, and the very first person who told me that what I went through was horrible instead of telling me to "get over it".

I used to be a very submissive and complacent person, always looking to please my family, to not start a fight, to always say yes, to stay silent when others abuse me. She teached me that I had a voice, and I had the right to be angry and show it, so I did. For those of you who are thinking it, I didn't begin to shout and yell and slam door or things like that, I only started to show I was angry by not wanting to talk to my FOO, and my mother didn't take it well: she changed my therapist, and sent me to these horrible therapist who used to tell me things like: "get over it" or "you shouldn't show anger". It felt like they were looking for me to stay submissive instead of looking for me to find myself and be happy.

Now I'm trying to talk again to these therapist and make an appointment, but she tells me again and again that she doesn't have free hours (horas libres). It is strange, and I can't help but think the truth is that they (my family) told her something and that's why she doesn't want to make an appointment with me anymore.

What do you guys think? My family has only interfere with my recovery, and I don't know what to do. I would like to hear what you guys think.

sanmagic7

i'm sorry i don't understand at all what might be going on.  does your family have some kind of power that could influence this therapist to deny you an appointment with her? 

i know that therapists can get pretty busy, and sometimes it will take a couple of weeks before they have an opening.  is she saying she has no time for you at all, or just right now.  i hope you can find some resolution to this, blanca.  how frustrating, even maddening, to be denied like this.  big hug to you - abrazo grande.

BlancaLap

Thanks san magic 7.

They used to have power, because at that time I was 17, but now I'm 19, and I remember I called her again when I was 18 and recently, some weeks ago, too, and she told me that she can't. I mean, it's been a year and she still can't.

I think I may call her later again, Idk, she is the only one that have truly helped me.

Big hug to you too

sanmagic7

just a thought - could you ask her why she can't if she tells you that again?  tell her that you're confused and would like some explanation?  maybe that would help.  ideally, though, i do hope she finds space for you in her schedule.  that would be so great.  best of luck to you with this.  i hope she helps you.      :hug:

BlancaLap

She always tells me the same thing: that she doesn't have time, but it feels... strange.

sanmagic7

if it feels strange, i'd honor that feeling and, if it's possible, look for someone else.  seems like she's blocking you.  best to you with this.   big hug.

BlancaLap

Thanks sanmagic7, I'm currently looking for a new therapist, but thanks :hug: