Three good things a day2

Started by Blueberry, December 04, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Three Good Things in past few days:
1) 3 days ago I went to a talk about how Christmas is celebrated in some of the countries from which refugees are presently coming.
2) I bothered to leave the house again in the evening to get there, even though it was snowing.
3) I saw a place advertised where I could possibly apply for some part time work.

DecimalRocket

1. I got too sick and feverish today to go to a Christmas party for the students where I study. I was happy to hear that my friends missed me, at least.
2. I remember making a joke by going up the stairs in slow motion recently. There was one stranger nearby and he was laughing at how slow I was — cheering me on when I go up— and getting surprised when I walked backwards. Heh.
3. I was able to voice my concerns to a therapist — something I have trouble because I believe my ideas aren't worth considering. Score!

Jazzy

Nice DR! That's some good stuff.

Some basic stuff for me today, but it's been rough going lately. It makes the little things much bigger.

1) I've gotten quite a bit of housework done. Yay for productivity, and cleaner environment - 2for1
2) I did a bit of basic grocery shopping. Huzzah for food.
3) I'm feeling a * of a lot better than I was a week ago. Although there's a way to go, I'm so thankful it only got that bad for a week.

pit_bull

1. I did my laundry
2. I am having smoked salmon for dinner.
3. I know where my daughter is and who she is with.

Blueberry

1. I enjoyed decorating a candle to give to a friend for Christmas.
2. Drinking lots of hot tea.
3. A friend from out of town phoned unexpectedly today and we had a good long chat.

M.R.

1. The paperwork for the lease for next year is done and out of the way.
2. I have a therapy appointment tomorrow.
3...The weekend is over.

pit_bull

1, I made dinner.
2, I worked a full 8 hour shift.
3, I know where my daughter is.

macandrui

I had an interview for a job, it felt like it went well

I am posting

I breathed through listening to what I had done while dis-associative without succumbing to an angry outburst of physically attacking myself

Blueberry

pit_bull

1. I'm going to work.
2. I ate breakfast.
3. I did a sun salutation.

Blueberry

1) My cold is much, much better. That's almost miraculous because it usually takes me about a week to just stop feeling faintly feverish.
2) I went to choir practice, where I didn't sing much because of my throat but it was still worth it.
3) Last night after I was on here I did some colouring in.

Blueberry

1) I'm sitting in a very cold room (can't change that, I'm not at home) so I'm very happy that I've finished Mod work for the day, and can go somewhere warmer!

Elphanigh

I should have been coming here for days, but haven't been able to. Today I can though

1. I feel more like myself than I have in weeks
2. I finally slept a full seven hours
3. Christmas shopping is done!
4. I am a very excited aunt to be
5. I have folded laundry
6. Self care has been my mission today and I have succeeded
7. I am actually looking forward to two holiday get togethers tonight

That was a lot of them but I felt like writing them all was productive today

Blueberry

1) Yesterday somebody phoned me and left a message that she needs me to do xy by tomorrow and I decided that I'm not doing it. I feel quite good mood-wise, not triggered or anything, and can envisage being able to do more or less everything I need to by Christmas Eve afternoon, including things I need to prepare for the 26th. But that's it. I can quickly collapse because of taking on too much. So "No!" Not doing it.  :thumbup: for me.

Blueberry

1) I had mince (aka ground beef) for dinner. Very good quality, from the farm where I help.
2) I seem to be always welcome to go up to the farm and do some work. Of course, they're happy to have help, but it's not just that, I really am welcome as a person! They now also accept my limitations, without complaint or question. If you actually live there for a number of months or years, more flexibility and especially longer hours are expected. I can't give them that. Lots of seemingly easy work, like cooking a meal for 5 - 15 people, would trigger me so I refuse to do it. They accept that now and are grateful that I wash the dishes afterwards instead.
2a) I also know that if I stop working for them for a while, I can start again. Almost as if I'll always have a place there to help out, with really good quality food in payment.

3) Today I saw them at the farmer's market and two of them reiterated how helpful it was that I was there two days this past week helping with cheese 'care'. "We wouldn't have got through the week without you" As often, a bit self-deprecating, I said they would have, but they would have just gone to bed a bit later. They retorted that on Friday they went to bed at 9:30 pm (late enough for people who have to be up by 5AM, and then work 6 hours at the market) and if they'd had to do the cheese 'care', it would've been midnight! So I now accept their thanks and appreciation.  :)

4) I keep getting up from my seat at the computer to move to music - helps me process! But it's good I'm allowing myself this.