Treated like an object

Started by BlancaLap, December 09, 2017, 08:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

Quote from: ah on December 12, 2017, 10:13:40 AM
Blanca, in my experience it's harder when you're near people who aren't safe, but it's still possible to heal.
Hoping to get away and making a plan to get away as soon as you can also helps, and so does low contact. I don't mean spending little time with your family (which isn't up to you, you have to see them), I mean becoming less and less emotionally involved when you're with them. Being vague, polite, nice, inscrutable, impersonal. Showing your emotions here on the forums, with other people, but not with people who aren't safe. They get to see a different side of you, a more distant side.
Be yourself here, with us.
It's not easy but I'm trying to do it too.
:hug:

Thanks ah, it helps to know

Jazzy

:grouphug: for everyone who has been treated so poorly!

QuoteI wish I could just heal, not matter where I live.

This is a very good point Blanca!

I won't pretend I understand everything, because I'm not even close. I can tell you my experience though. At first, I felt trapped at home with my parents, for many years... then they both left me on my own to take care of myself. They're both really bad, and I didn't heal very well in either situation. I think it's mostly a personal journey. There are others involved for sure, and who you live with plays a big role. We are each our own person though, and I think that's where it needs to start.

Hopefully it gets better for you soon! Take care of yourself as best you can,  however that may be. :)

BlancaLap

Quote from: Jazzy on December 12, 2017, 10:40:28 PM
:grouphug: for everyone who has been treated so poorly!

QuoteI wish I could just heal, not matter where I live.

This is a very good point Blanca!

I won't pretend I understand everything, because I'm not even close. I can tell you my experience though. At first, I felt trapped at home with my parents, for many years... then they both left me on my own to take care of myself. They're both really bad, and I didn't heal very well in either situation. I think it's mostly a personal journey. There are others involved for sure, and who you live with plays a big role. We are each our own person though, and I think that's where it needs to start.

Hopefully it gets better for you soon! Take care of yourself as best you can,  however that may be. :)

Thanks Jazzy!  :)