The Mountains

Started by LearnToLoveTheRide, December 13, 2017, 07:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LearnToLoveTheRide

I desperately just want to hike up into the mountains, just keep walking until I've passed on.

But who would cuddle my baby boy to sleep???

Three Roses

Many of us here have never had the care or concern of a loving parent. You are much needed, both for cuddles, and for guidance; help with future homework; dealing with playground bullies; teaching them how to drive a car; how to tie a necktie; and much more.

The reality you find yourself in now is not all there will be to your life, and there is a future version of You that will be proud of the distance you've put between the 3 of you and these troubles.

sanmagic7

i can relate, ltltr, but who would show my adult daughter the love only a mother has?  even in her 30's, i know she still needs me, and is a big reason that i keep hangin' on.  the major reason, actually. 

hang tough, ltltr - i'm hangin' right beside you.

Blueberry

Know the feeling but that too will pass. Really. Standing beside you too.

May you feel the strength from this forum to help you to keep on keeping on day by day for your baby boy (and other children too). They need your loving care so much.  :hug:

LearnToLoveTheRide

Thank you for your replies, words of encouragement and stories of better times.

This too shall pass.

I KNOW this in my RB but my lower functioning brain is faster at wreaking havoc than my skills are at repairing myself. But, it's early days and time has not had the opportunity to apply its fixture.

I do love the mountains. Some people love the ocean but it's deep, menacing, roiling under the surface.

The mountains climb to the sky. They are solid. When I sit against a giant boulder, I feel a deep peaceful wisdom in the rocks below. I am at peace alone in the mountains.

I usually conduct a Kung Fu retreat in the mountains at this time of the year but the little guys are too young - childhood laughter is lovely but can annoy those trying to learn to meditate.

This too shall pass.

LTLTR

Blueberry

Quote from: LearnToLoveTheRide on December 14, 2017, 08:15:55 PM

I do love the mountains. ...

The mountains climb to the sky. They are solid. When I sit against a giant boulder, I feel a deep peaceful wisdom in the rocks below. I am at peace alone in the mountains.

:thumbup: It sounds as if you've found some inner strength through nature's strength around you. I like your imagery. I hope you can continue to get strength from it.