Someone else walked out today

Started by pit_bull, December 14, 2017, 03:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pit_bull

I wanted to but I didn't. One of our supervisors is a bully, but I can deal with it. Another one of the employees couldn't today. Its ironic because the person that left tells me I'm sensitive, but I dealt with this discomfort.

This is my first full time job since my recovery from CPTSD/PTSD.

Its ironic, another one of the employees talks about having PTSD but nobody takes her seriously. I'm learning to keep my mouth shut.

Its very frustrating but I want to keep my job and more importantly I want to grow in my job so I stay. Its challenging  though because it feels like my life experience is irrelevant at work and it is. Its hard to start over, when I went back to work, I wanted to try something different.

I thought maybe my old field was a trigger, maybe it was. I don't know. In my current position much of the time it seems my decisions aren't valued, which is really aggravating. Like I see what needs to be done, but its not my place to call the shots so then I have to ask if the person in charge wants me to do something. If I just start doing something I'll get in trouble, if I suggest doing something I'll get disapproved of potentially.

Nevertheless it seems I'll be able to do more in the future, so I'm holding out to see if that actually happens.

Contessa

Glad you have the capacity to stay strong pitt bull. You're doing remarkably well. Make sure you do take care of yourself in the long run, bullying or not.

I kept on with my job, the tough stuff. But I when I felt the pressure about to push that trigger... again (and believe me, it was unnecessary pressure), I walked. Best thing I ever did :)

Hopefully that never happens, but right now you rock!

pit_bull

Thanks, I know more lies in store for me at my job, and that this particular person who caused a problem today is leaving. That person didn't cause a problem for me, but is a known problem. I want to stick it out, to endure the discomfort. Its only been a year.

However since you mention trigger, here's one, when a supervisor treats my decisions like they're poor, that really irks me, especially when a manager is trying to get me to trust my own decisions. I have one supervisor who has questioned my decisions from the get go, even though my manager has wanted me to trust my own decisions from the get go. My manager doesn't understand that my supervisor constantly questions my decisions which led me to not trust them. That situation could get old, so I'm waiting to see if I get a promotion. That will level the playing field, and will solve that problem. We will see.

Contessa

Sounds promising. I think you're on top of the game here.
Watch this space hey then!

Blueberry

Quote from: pit_bull on December 14, 2017, 03:03:49 AM
In my current position much of the time it seems my decisions aren't valued, which is really aggravating. Like I see what needs to be done, but its not my place to call the shots so then I have to ask if the person in charge wants me to do something. If I just start doing something I'll get in trouble, if I suggest doing something I'll get disapproved of potentially.

That would aggravate me too, big time.         

:applause: for staying strong and waiting out the time till things have the potential to improve.

pit_bull

Today I said good bye to my three coworkers and only one of them responded. This one supervisor has iced me out from the day I started working with her. I can't wait until she is under my authority on my shift, if that ever happens I will praise God for His Mercy. In the meantime, I have to try to become impervious to her snide remarks, her narcissism, and her condescending demeanor. In the job I work in, it is standard practice for the superiors to be derogatory to those under them. If I ever get promoted I will change things, I will not treat the people under me with a lack of respect.