happy new year

Started by JamesG, December 23, 2017, 07:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesG

my seasonal message to the troops

People of OOTS..

It's that time of year again, the time of year where it gets harder to dodge the triggers, harder to forget the mayhem and abuse of the past and near impossible to get on with normal day to day life. So be it.

The new year is the thing, the rest of the xmas silliness can go take a jump, the new year is what we all need to look at and focus on.

The people on this board have been through some horrible times, make no mistake, but they are universally the nicest community one could hope for. Gentle, self deprecating and slow to anger, I see more humanity on these forums than I do anywhere else online. Be proud chaps, you've kept that side of yourself despite the storm of human nature you have had to endure and you can be proud of that.

I hope that for all of you, the journey in 2018 takes you forward to a deeper understanding both of yourselves and the mechanisms that brought you here. You are not to blame, you are not flawed, you are not fated. Given enough time and space you WILL come out of this and make a happier space for yourselves. It is your life, reclaim it. Take your life, cut the wires and hooks away and begin to repair.

So I raise a toast.

To life!

x

James

Libby12

What beautiful sentiments,  James.  Thank you so much.

Libby.

Snuwer1

Three Roses

I raise my glass in answer - a happy good-enough New Year to each and every one of us!

Kat

You've got me in tears, James.  Thank you so much for your words of wisdom.  I'm floored by the civility, kindness, strength, wisdom, and openness of those on this forum.  It's a special place for special people--the best people.  Cheers! 

Confused sailor

Well said  Sir.  God what we put our selves through . My glass raised  in complete agreement

Yokosho

It is great to help reveal the truth about this issue.

Blueberry

(Welcome to the forum yokosho!  :wave:)

Rainagain

Fated? Spot on, that is the suspicion I try to resist.

It keeps trying to sneak up on me.

jamesG.1

trained yes, fated no.

Break the conditioning and you break the fate... simples