Really taxed by my family c

Started by Confused sailor, December 24, 2017, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Confused sailor

Christmas Eve here .. my house usually with only 3. Now has nine, 3 of the nine are under 5  so a very busy age . I am having triggers  from boys yelling and screaming , everything that boys their age should be doing , I have retreated to my man cave in hopes of finding my center , so I can rejoin the family , and not look like a spaced out one,, wishing you all the very best.

Three Roses

:hug: it's a stressful time, that's for sure. I'm struggling today too, I understand. You're not alone.

Badmemories

Quote from: Confused sailor on December 24, 2017, 10:01:08 PM
Christmas Eve here .. my house usually with only 3. Now has nine, 3 of the nine are under 5  so a very busy age . I am having triggers  from boys yelling and screaming , everything that boys their age should be doing , I have retreated to my man cave in hopes of finding my center , so I can rejoin the family , and not look like a spaced out one,, wishing you all the very best.

I have a problem with that too. I always try and remind myself when I am with My Granddaughters that it is NORMAL to make Noise. It is Not normal to walk around like zombies to satisfy a Toxic person. You are doing the right thing. Take a timeout. If I do get upset and go overboard right away I tell My granddaughters ( 8,10,) I am sorry, I explain to them I am wrong, Many times I will explain in a simple way that My expectations are wrong because I was raised "to never be allowed to talk or have fun."

I tell them I am working on that and to let me know If they catch me doing whatever it is. When they catch me then I thank them. ( it makes them feel important to be telling a grandma things she needs help with) I am hoping at the same time that it teaches them How to treat other people.