Hi All.Newly diagnosed.

Started by Ant1, December 26, 2017, 09:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant1

Hi All

I have diagnosed with CPTSD just a few weeks ago. I start trauma-based therapy in January. I was diagnosed with Severe thought based OCD 4 years ago and they say I have had these conditions for around 40 years. It stuns me I was never diagnosed. I tried to take my own life in 1988 but was thankfully saved. TheCrisis team asked me if I was going to try it again and dismissed me after I said NO!

Under severe stress I have turned to gambling online. They say I do it to escape reality. It has ruined my marriage and i feel cheated out of my life at times. I want to live a better life and I am fully committed to the therapy I will be starting soon. I know it will not be easy and will take time, but I am finally on the right track.

OK, not wanting to waffle on too much.

Hi from me

Ant

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS Ant  :heythere:.  Now that you finally have a diagnosis and a trauma T no doubt so much will start to make sense that didn't before, at least that's the experience many of us have once we learn about CPTSD. 

There's lots to read here so please feel free to poke around.  You may want to take it in bite sized chunks as it can be a bit overwhelming, albeit a relief too  :)

I hope you do find lots of useful info and support here  :hug:

Kat

Welcome, Ant!  :wave:  Glad you are here.  I hope you'll find this forum as helpful as I do.  There are some awfully kind folks here.  ;D

Rainagain

Welcome ant!

Glad you made your way here, lots of info and support here, I hope you stick around.

I think the lack of help years ago might have been that cptsd and PTSD weren't really understood, cptsd seems still a bit new for psychiatry in general.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Ant1

Thank you all.

I am still getting my head around it all and reading upon CPTSD. It is scary, but also eye opening.I now know what it is and a few things have already made sense.

For the first time that I can ever remember I feel as if I have a chance at life. I have no idea what lays ahead, but I am ready to do what I need to, starting with the therapy.

Thanks again

Ant

Rainagain

Its like a jigsaw puzzle, and lots of the pieces are here.

Ant1

This horrible year is almost over.Once more I am alone tonight as I was over Christmas. The loneliness is beyond words at times, even when I am around people.

Let.s hope 2018 starts the process of a happier life. My therapy starts on 5th January and I am counting down the days.

Stay strong

ah

Hi Ant  :heythere:

I know what you mean about information about cptsd being both eye opening and frightening at the same time, learning about cptsd has answered so many questions I had rolling around in my head and it also shows me painful truths about my life. Helps me understand myself and others for the first time.

Here's to new therapy, new beginnings, a better 2018 (2017 has been horrible here too), a lighter heart :yes:

I'm glad you're here.

Sceal

Hi!
Just wanted to give you a warm welcome! :)

Kizzie

Quote from: Ant1 on December 29, 2017, 08:13:38 AM
For the first time that I can ever remember I feel as if I have a chance at life. I have no idea what lays ahead, but I am ready to do what I need to

:thumbup:  and  :cheer:  and  :applause: 

There are some wonderful people here to keep you company on your journey Ant1  :yes:   I hope that helps if even just a little with feeling alone.  :grouphug:

Ant1

Thank you all

The more I read the more it is beginning to make some sort of sense. In one way it shocks and even scares me just how severe my condition really is. However, it is also amazing to finally have a reason for all that I do, finally know why I am as I am.... that is something else.