Missing "General" Forum?

Started by Jazzy, January 04, 2018, 09:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

I've been a bit confused as the category "Development of CPTSD in Adulthood" has a "General Discussion" forum, but the category "Development of CPTSD in Childhood" does not.

Is this intentional, or perhaps something that should be changed?

Is general discussion discouraged here?

Jazzy

Kizzie

Hi Jazzy - there is a General Discussion child board in each of the four (sub) forums in the "Development of CPTSD in Childhood" forum.

BlancaLap

I think we should have a general forum there too!

Jazzy

Thanks Kizzie, I did notice that.

Perhaps I am being too rigid, but it seems to me that each of those would be for general discussion on the topic of the sub forum. The cafe may be a better place, but it explicitly states "anything other than CPTSD".

What I'm looking for is a less strictly defined category. Somewhere to just be sociable, where CPTSD may or may not be mentioned, like anything else in life.

Three Roses

No, of course general discussion is not discouraged here.  :blink: But with our already jam-packed, cumbersome forum and all its child boards, branches and offshoots, I'm not in favor of creating yet another one. The Cafe exists so that those who want to talk but not about CPTSD have a place to do so; that way they won't inadvertently run into the subject if they don't want to. If you are going to mention CPTSD there are plenty of areas already.

If you've ever wandered thru the forum looking for something you read once but can't remember where, you'll understand what I mean. ;)

Jazzy

There are a lot of child boards. It's very well organized. I'm not sure who set it up, but they did a great job. I guess I'm just looking for a bit of grey in this black and white world.  :Idunno:

Kizzie

:yeahthat:   Tks for understanding Jazzy, we really do have a big board with lots of sub-forums and child boards already. Certainly feel free to use the "Chat" sub-forum to socialize.   :yes: