Repair myself before going out

Started by BlancaLap, December 30, 2017, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlancaLap

I really think I need to repair myself somehow before going out. I don't know how to express this, so I'm going to use a metaphor.

*Spoilers for TLOK*
For those who don't know, The Legend of Korra is a show that takes place in a world where people can control the elements, but only one person can control all four, that is the avatar. TLOK tells the story of the avatar Korra and how she faces one by one all the villains and grows as a person.
At the end of season 3 we can see Korra in a wheelchair aftee her battle, and we know that everything is not ok. In season 4 is when we learn that Korra is not only in a wheelchair, but also showing symptoms of PTSD.
Korra had to learn how to walk and fight again before going out there to the world. For her, it was something basic.
I'm not saying people in wheelchair can't live their live by their own, but it makes everything very difficult, and fighting even impossible.

So my metaphor is, like Korra needed to learn how to move her muscles again to go out, I need to learn or "gain" some level of lucidity before going out there, because it's the basic thing you need to have to properly "interact" with others, because life is basically that: interaction.

Live is a struggle, a battle, and we need to be prepared before going out there.
When Korra was in the wheelchair she couldn't live by herself, she couldn't go out of her house, she needed to be protected. The same happens with me: I need to be protected until I'm able to go outside, until I'm able to fight again. It's not something I would like, it's something I need.

It's true that even she was able to walk again, she still had PTSD. I'm not saying I need to heal my C-PTSD before going outside, I'm saying I need lucidity before going outside. I know the only place where I will finally heal is outside, but not now, not like this.

sanmagic7

i hope you find the lucidity you seek, blanca.  clarity, balance, stabilization, and understanding can all be helpful, too, i think.  i agree that fixing the parts of ourselves we need to function well 'outside' is do-able.  best to you with this.     :hug: