Piper Narcissistic Abuse Score

Started by keepfighting, January 26, 2015, 11:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepfighting

I found this test today on the web:

http://www.narcissisticmother.com/piper-score

It's only about narc mothers but I think you can replace the word 'mother' with any toxic person that has hurt you to find out how you're doing and which areas you still need to work on.

I got 3 red areas and 4 yellow ones (53 out of 105 points), which apparently means that my recovery is already going well ( :cheer:) but some areas still need extra attention (self-care especially - very true in my case!).

schrödinger's cat

Thanks for the link, keepfighting. A good questionnaire. Filling it out felt unexpectedly validating - 'wait, if that's an official question in an official questionnaire, does that mean that other people beside myself feel that way?' 

Igot 79 and only red areas. :blink:  I might just possibly have to work on a few issues.

Sandals

102 over here. Yikes. Although I answered based on more recent past than present. I haven't spoken with my mom in over 2 months and it feels incredibly good...despite that nagging "you're a bad daughter" voice.

SC - I had the same reaction you did to some of those questions and kept thinking, "get out of my head". ;)

anosognosia

93 over here, which is still red zone on all spheres but I can tell you this is a decrease from what I was before thanks to therapy!  Sad but true.  :applause:

mourningdove

Thanks for the link, keepfighting!  :yes:

I got an 82 - all red. And I know it used to be worse. This test is validating.

bee

I took it twice.
Once answering as I would have 10 years ago- 95 (all red).
Once answering for how I feel now- 60 (3 red / 4 yellow).
It's nice to see that I've made progress.
It's hard to imagine me in an emotional place that would show an equal amount of green and yellow. But if I've come this far, who knows what's possible.

anosognosia

Quote from: bee on April 05, 2015, 05:16:31 AM
I took it twice.
Once answering as I would have 10 years ago- 95 (all red).
Once answering for how I feel now- 60 (3 red / 4 yellow).
It's nice to see that I've made progress.
It's hard to imagine me in an emotional place that would show an equal amount of green and yellow. But if I've come this far, who knows what's possible.

This is incredible! It gives me so much hope. I'm wading through a lot of my past, with all its messy details, and other people's journey of recovery is sooo comforting and encouraging.

Thank you so so much for sharing!!!!

Kizzie

I got a 51 which is great considering that I would have been in the red zone completely 1-2 years ago.  Out of the Fog really got me on the road to recovery! 

anosognosia

Quote from: Kizzie on April 06, 2015, 03:59:17 AM
I got a 51 which is great considering that I would have been in the red zone completely 1-2 years ago.  Out of the Fog really got me on the road to recovery!

Amazing!

Widdiful Falling

88, so while I have many, many, many issues, I guess it's fading a little. I don't feel like absolute * all the time, now. Lookong back, I can't believe I didn't end up completely insane. I never expected to begin this journey, but I'm glad I did, even if it's hard sometimes. This place makes the journey a whole lot easier.

Dutch Uncle

:sadno: 61

Abuse Awareness: Deep Red (13/15). Damn. I thought I had made progress...
Self-care, Detachment, Realistic View of Family: Red (11/15) Yeah. Fits.
Blame vs. Accountability, Anger Awareness: Yellow 7-5/15 Happy about the Anger Awareness  ;D
Support Network: Green! Yay! (3/15)

DaisyMae

Took the test, got an 81/105; red across all spheres here as well.  Guess I still have a lot of work to do. 

My father is an aggressive / spiritual narcissist (really sociopathic) and my husband is a covert (but at times aggressive) narcissist.  My mother was a narcissist but became more of a codependent or maybe more of a covert narcissist (tried to make me her friend so she had someone to  confide her secrets, things that a 12 /13 year old shouldn't be told my their mom).    I am a Codependent (Inverted Narcissist), Imagine that. Most of my family members are either Sociopath's, Narcissists, BPD, PS, some addicted to drugs and alcohol, some not.  Fortunately, the narcissistic boss I had at work for 20 years is out of my life (retired finally).  And, I pretty much attract anyone that will treat me like crap.... My coping mechanism has always been to be positive, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt in my world.  Makes me an easy target and gullible.  So considering, I have probably improved what my score would have been a year or more ago..... it probably would have been 100+!  Thank you for the link, the test is helpful.....

DM

Kizzie

Wow, you are surrounded DM so yes, great score and what's neat is you can keep doing it over time to see how you're doing.  I was surrounded by FOO who either have a PD or enable those with PDs.  That felt like  :sharkbait: and I definitely would have scored red right across the board.   

Here's to 'greener' pastures in recovery :hug:

arpy1

now why did i go and do that?  88points all a lovely shade of bright red.... :doh: i wish i had resisted the temptation. :doh: :doh: :doh:

KayFly

Thank you for posting this keepfighting. I needed it.