Hello everyone

Started by Bookworm, January 11, 2018, 03:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bookworm

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing well *hugs*

Today I was diagnosed with C-PTSD.
I felt a bit overwhelmed, because I felt like "oh wow....this makes sense...."
I also have anxiety/panic.

Therapist asked me what my goals are. I really wasn't sure and said i would like to heal. I didnt really have any questions for my therapist because im not sure what to ask. I have another appointment. She told me i can think of anything i would like to ask, and think of some goals and we can discuss it then.

Im glad i found this forum. It definitely makes me feel not so alone.

Rainagain

Hi bookworm,

I'm not surprised you needed time to digest the news of your diagnosis before answering your T, its a lot to take in.

Lots of resources on here, lots of fellow sufferers who are good people.

Welcome aboard!

Three Roses

Welcome! Thanks for joining.

Eyessoblue

Hi welcome, my advise to you would be to take your time, you'll know what your goals are once you start to talk through your cptsd, don't feel pressured into rushing through everything will come to you within time, make sure your therapist is a good match for you as well, I've been with 2 therapists who I thought were good until I met the one I'm with now and I realised how bad the other ones were. This site is very supportive and you can feel free to ask anything that concerns you.

Dee

Welcome!

I use to be so uncomfortable when my therapist asked what my goals are.  I didn't know where to start or what to say.  Now, I do a little better with it.  I have come to understand an important part of therapy is giving me control.  That was hard for me, but I got there.

Blueberry

Welcome  :heythere:

I used to have trouble saying what my goals were too, I would just say 'heal' like you. Now I think about smaller goals. What could be a sign that I have healed a bit? I can ask a store clerk a question without anxiety. So that could be a goal, just as an example.

If you read around in the forum, just whatever interests you, that might help you discover some questions you have. Maybe this board http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?board=53.0 too on Recovery. But go at your own pace. I think a good therapist will draw your questions out of you at the beginning, especially if you don't have much experience with therapy (if that's the case).

Kizzie

Welcome to OOTS Bookworm  :heythere:   FWIW I found that just getting used to a diagnosis of CPTSD was my only goal to start.  It's such a big realization to wrap your head (and heart) around.

Glad you found your way here  :hug: