Head scramble days

Started by songbirdrosa, January 12, 2018, 11:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

Every so often, and usually for no particular reason that I can identify, my mind will just lose cognitive function. That's probably not the best way to describe it but I can't really think of anything else. As you might guess, I'm having one of those days today.

What happens is my thoughts get very fragmented and incoherent. I can't piece together anything. For example, I'll keep thinking that I need to go somewhere, but I have no idea where I need to go. I'll forget things, get confused, lose track of my thoughts. Even trying to write it out and describe it is making me struggle. I just can't find the words to convey what I want to when I'm like this.

So does this happen to anyone else? I feel like this is something I should address with a professional.

EDIT: I forgot to add before that sometimes (as it is today) this accompanied by shaking in my hands. At first I thought it was a panic thing, but it's not associated with any overt fear that I've noticed.

Dee

Not exactly the same, but I can get very scattered.  I can spend the day forgetting what I was doing and spend the day not being able to stay on task for anything.  I also get confused about my plans for the day, or if I even had any.  Sometimes I'll just really mess up what day it is.  The worse part is just feeling not right and off.  I sometimes wake up a little of a mess and I think I probably had a rough night.  I also think it may be a EF that I couldn't identify the trigger.  Sometimes I can identify the trigger, remember the dream or know what upset me.

I say it over and over, but it helps.  When things are just not right I really focus on my 5 senses.  I make a point of tasting what I eat.  Feeling the things around me, etc.  Helping ground myself is the best thing I can do.  I think I have had the 5 senses drilled into me over the last 2 years of therapy.