I danced with a guy

Started by Dee, January 13, 2018, 05:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

I went out tonight with a friend and and danced with a man; three times, the same guy.  It may seem small to some, for me it is huge.  My ex of 20 years would not dance with me.  We did on our wedding night, just the one song, then I never danced again.    I am so mixed of emotion.  From being happy, to wanting (but not) self harming.   Still, I see this as a positive.

Kat

Yay for dancing!  I think I understand the mixed emotion thing.  I don't know about you, but sometimes feeling good feels scary and bad to me.  Is that sort of what you mean by the mixed emotions?  Gentle gentle with yourself. 

Sceal

Dancing can be great, and fun!
But I can also understand it being terrifying and scary.
And you avoided SI. I think that's two step forwards right there! Great job Dee

songbirdrosa

Elphanigh

I am glad you got to dance, it is so great! The mix of emotions is understandable, I hope this can remain a positive thing  :hug:

Three Roses

Contessa

Bittersweet? Something that you always wanted, and when you felt so good feeling it for those three dances, the sadness of never having it for 20 years caught up with you when the dance was over?

That's what I would have felt at least. You did good Dee, keep dancing luv x

Dee

I feel good about it today.  I would have never guessed I would dance, it's nice.  Thank you all for your replies, it feels good.

Blueberry

Yay Dee  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for dancing, and dancing with a guy. That would be huge for me too. And  :thumbup: :thumbup: for not doing SH despite wanting to. Sounds like 3 steps forward to me!