Server maintenance

Started by Elphanigh, January 13, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Hi everyone,

Our IT person will be doing server maintaince on the forum. They are trying to keep the disruptions to a minimum, but if you experience any that is why. I imagine any of those will be short lived.

All the best,
Elphanigh

Kizzie

As Elphanigh posted, the OOTS board will be migrated to a new server sometime in the next 7-10 days.  There may be some disruptions to service but these should only be temporary so please be patient and try signing in later.

Kizzie
Site Manager

Hope67

Relieved that the forum appears to be back working again, and I've managed to sign in ok.  Phew!!!  :-)
Hope  :)

Blueberry

Yay! We're back up and running!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kizzie

The board is back but I do want to reiterate that there is still some work going on so  perhaps hold off posting too much and/or keep copies of posts in case some get lost. 

Eclipse or I let everyone know when all the maintenance and upgrading has been complete and it's OK to use the board fully once again.

Kizzie

sigiriuk

Everything seems ok.......
Slim

Kizzie

Eclipse is waiting for an "all clear" from GoDaddy once they are completely finished . So, for now we're just encouraging members to be a bit cautious with posting until we do hear back the board is good to go.  I will post a notice as soon as that happens.

Kizzie

Blueberry

eclipse

Apologies to all for what I know has has been a bit of a nightmare this past 3 weeks. OOTS is alive on the new server now and hopefully things can get back to normal.

The old server will stay around until March 31. There's a link from the front page of the new forum to the old forum and vice versa. Take care to be sure you know which version of the forum you're visiting before you delete anything!

Any posts or PM's you made from Jan 25-Feb 2 will only exist on the old server and you will have to cut/paste here or to a backup file if you want to keep these. Sorry there's no easy way to do it other than by copying or quoting post by post. Anyone who registered at the old forum after Jan 25th will have to register again here.

Everyone will have to log in again on the new server. Your password and username should be unchanged. If you changed your username at any time remember you have to log in with the username you registered with, not the name that appears after you changed it.

If the board looks a little funky it may be because you have a cached old version of the board on your browser. Try reloading the page or clearing your cache (your computer's memory).   Google "how to clear browser cache" and the name of your browser (e.g. chrome, internet explorer, safari etc. if you need instructions on how to do that.

Thanks for your patience. I'm not a real IT person just a fellow survivor who taught myself a few tricks!  :heythere:

Thanks to Kizzie and the team for running this much needed great site and service

Three Roses

Kizzie

Many thanks Eclipse for persevering with GoDaddy through this migration to the new server.   We are so glad to be back online !

:hug:

Mussymel