Looking for Volunteer Forum Monitors

Started by Kizzie, December 24, 2017, 10:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

As OOTS grows the Moderation Team is finding it increasingly difficult to read through all the posts on a daily basis.  As a result, we are looking for volunteer Monitors to help with reporting problematic/ questionable posts.  (Note: This is an ongoing request throughout the year so please feel free to volunteer any time.)

Volunteer Monitors do not have any moderating responsibilities such as warning or banning members, moving or editing posts, etc.  Rather their role is to help keep the forum safe by reading and reporting any problematic posts to the Moderating Team so that they can be reviewed and action taken if/as required.

If you would like to volunteer, please PM Kizzie or Three Roses.  (Note: Volunteering can be for as short or long a period as you like.)

Kizzie

Thanks Blancalap, much appreciated  :hug:  I can add "Monitor" to your profile or not depending on your preference (i.e.,  If you just want to monitor in the background we can leave it off, and if you're OK with members knowing you are a Monitor I can add it)

BlancaLap

Three Roses

It might help us keep track of how many mods and monitors we have if we group them...

Jazzy

I would like to help out, but to be honest, this (reading and potentially reporting posts) is not something I would do well with.

My skill set is more technically based. If there is anything I can do to help on that side of things, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Yay Blanca!  :cheer:

Sceal

I would like to try to help out. If it's okay that I take breaks and don't have to do it daily?

Three Roses

We're pretty flexible around this issue and will take whatever help you want to offer.  :yes: Even moderators are really only asked to be on once every couple of days. You can even just pick one area you want to monitor (or moderate). And as always, this is all done anonymously, no one will ever know who reported a post (except the moderators/admin).

Blueberry

I think it's great you want to help out, Jazzy! I have no idea about the technical side here except that I think most (or all?) is in conjunction with our sister forum outofthefog.

Blueberry

Jazzy

Yay Sceal! Thanks for stepping up to help out the team.

No worries Blueberry, I'm just putting the offer out there if it would ever be helpful, feel free to contact me (even if I'm not active at the time).

I did notice the ol' switcheroo being pulled between OOTF and OOTS. I'm curious about it, but everything works, so no concern really.

Kizzie

Hi Jazzy - Not to worry about not wanting to monitor, it's not for everyone.  As for our IT, it is handled by Out of the Fog but thank you for your offer. They are in the process of finding a new IT person to take over from the fellow who has been handling all the IT since OOTF and OOTS were started (2007 and 2014).  Unfortunately it has dragged on a bit because the IT person has had some personal issues going on but we hope he will find his replacement by this spring. 

Kizzie

Thank you so much Sceal, any help is much appreciated and don't worry about taking breaks, we actually encourage that.    :hug:   

Kizzie

Just 'pinging' this to let members know you don't need to be an official monitor, you can be an unofficial monitor just by reporting any problematic posts they come across.  We never reveal who has reported a post nor do we ask you to get involved.  The Moderation Team receives the report, has a look at the post, discusses what if any action to take and then manages the situation. This helps to keep the board safe for everyone given we cannot read every post daily.