Back to therapy

Started by Eyessoblue, January 22, 2018, 04:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Hi, tomorrow I go back to Trauma psychotherapy with my psychologist, I haven't been in therapy for 3 months now due to nhs guidelines! It has been really hard and I have struggled on a daily basis by not having any therapy. What I have still managed to do though is give up alcohol, I still haven't had a drink for nearly a month now, I've had a couple of cravings but nothing that's made me want to drink again. I'm not sure if this is because I haven't been in counselling therefore the discussions we normally have I can't deal with and need a drink to get over whereas I've not had the therapy so apart from my own thoughts I haven't had the need to drink, I guess time will tell but really hoping not to go back to how I was.

Blueberry

Quote from: Eyessoblue on January 22, 2018, 04:59:49 PM
Hi, tomorrow I go back to Trauma psychotherapy with my psychologist,

:cheer:

Quote from: Eyessoblue on January 22, 2018, 04:59:49 PM
What I have still managed to do though is give up alcohol, I still haven't had a drink for nearly a month now, I've had a couple of cravings but nothing that's made me want to drink again.

:cheer:  :cheer:

I know how hard it is to stay sober / clean / addiction-free.

lambchop

:cheer:

:thumbup:

I want to acknowledge your MILESTONE and encourage you to keep marveling at your achievement and focus less on analyzing it (guilty of that myself)

Eyessoblue

Thank you both for your encouragement. Went back to therapy and didn't need a drink!

lambchop