How do I know that I'm dating out of my league?

Started by Ruby, January 23, 2018, 05:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruby

Hi Everyone :)

Would you have any tips on how to figure out when to stop chasing after certain types of people.

I am female, so I don't chase aggressively but I do let them know if I am interested.
Yes, rejection is normal and it happens to all of us... But how do I know I am trying to date guys that will never find me attractive?
When does the normal rate of rejection end and the signs that I should re-think my dating goals begin?

I am using online dating apps and am looking for someone who is a nerdy guy, who is into all things thechy, who is over 32 a bit underweight. 

3 out 5 dates turned me down. And the ones who liked me - unfortunately, I did not feel a connection.
Is that a warning sign? Or is that normal?

For some reason, it's the ones I like that end up ditching me.

sanmagic7

hey, ruby,

i once heard that we are with people who are at the same level of our healthiness (or illness).  i believe in trusting your gut on those with whom you don't feel a connection.  there's a reason, i think.  the dating scene can be  tricky, and sometimes it may take patience and more patience.

i'd say to keep trying for the ones that appeal to you, and hopefully, eventually, there will be one or more who find you appealing as well.  just a suggestion.  wish you well with this, and i give you a lot of credit for putting yourself out there.     :hug:

Rainagain

Hi

If I were you I would make sure my profile was epic and wouldn't chase at all. Be positive, say what you like rather than be prescriptive about dislikes.

If you like the look of someone ask them a question about their profile and see if they join a conversation with you. If they are interested they will.

You deserve someone wonderful, be friendly, be on your guard, see what happens.