Hello I'm new! Hoping for healing

Started by babbit, February 06, 2018, 01:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbit

Hello there,

I have come here from Out Of The Fog as I thought that very useful but feel that I need therapy for C-PTSD as I regularly feel like this  :fallingbricks:

I am having brief no contact with my dysfunctional foo and then plan to start building boundaries for the first time in my life.

My therapy and medication was being controlled by my overly enmeshed family but I have broke free from that and am now
actively seeking my own treatment and therapy for C-PTSD.

When I get too stressed, I go for long walks in nature and recently got interested in bird watching and gardening as therapeutic hobbies.

Well that's me!

Hello everyone!  :wave:

babbit

Gromit

Hi Babbit,

I took a similar route, although found this site thanks to something other than OOTF.

Well done on taking control of your treatment & therapy, it has to be yours.

Does brief no contact mean the contact has only recently stopped? Or something else?

Regarding birds, I am in the UK & feel sure I have heard woodpeckers recently on my walks, could that be correct? As for the garden, I love this time of year, the hellebores are out, the daffodils are coming, but I know I should have already pruned the apple tree. Yes, haven't quite eliminated 'shoulds'.

Welcome, I find this a very useful site. For CPTSD, & other things.
G

sanmagic7

welcome, babbit.  glad you're here.

sounds like you are empowering yourself - good for you.  i do believe the only way for us to tackle this beast is on our terms.  and congrats on setting those boundaries.  way to go.

this forum has been more than i could've asked for in terms of kindness and support.  hope you find what you're looking for here, too.    :hug: if you want it.

Rainagain

Nature and gardening are my go to therapies.

Still time to prune apples, unless its too frosty?

I miss my orchard!

Welcome babbit, lots of info and great people on here.

Three Roses

Welcome! I find nature soothing, especially flowers and birds. We keep chickens that are a source of entertainment and eggs.  😄 I'm glad you're here.

Blueberry

Welcome on here Babbit  :heythere: I'm glad you found us.

When I first started out here I often felt like this  :fallingbricks: now hardly ever.  :)

This is a great site, tons of support, validation and good information. Was my impression long before I became a Moderator btw.

Gardening does me so much good and I've taught myself quite a bit about wild herbs and flowers. Not too good at birds though.  ;)

Hope to see you around the forum!

Fen Starshimmer

Hello Babbit,
Congratulations on finding OOTS and taking control of your recovery.

It sounds like you needed to do it, to find the best route for you. Recovery is a highly personal undertaking IMO. For me, it has become quite instinctual, a matter of doing the research and going inwards to decide on which direction is most appropriate for me at any given time.

QuoteWhen I get too stressed, I go for long walks in nature and recently got interested in bird watching and gardening as therapeutic hobbies.
Reconnecting with nature can be so grounding and calming ,.... I too gravitate towards the outdoors when I am stressed and anxious.
Thank goodness I have a garden now, despite living in a town! Just listening to the birds singing seems to act like an antidepressant  ;D (I never take them)

Hope you enjoy joining in the forum discussions.