Did more trauma processing

Started by Blueberry, February 07, 2018, 09:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Last night I did some more trauma processing on my own. It worked really well - no hitches. It went pretty deep and I'd say it went into a really difficult area. I was really surprised what came to the fore, so to speak. But I used all the skills my T has taught me and I made it out the other side quite fast.  :cheer: :cheer:

I'm tired this morning, but that partly has to do with going to bed very, very late, but at the same time I also feel energised and my self-care is better. It even was last night immediately after I finished trauma processing. I knew I should do something good for myself. I thought about colouring but then realised that what I wanted to do was put skin lotion on my hands. Then that spread to my feet too. It has a nice scent so I went to sleep with the scent about me too.

Hope67

Hi Blueberry,
That is great that you were able to do more trauma processing, and also that you did more self-care too  :cheer:
Hope  :)

Eyessoblue

Hi Blueberry, pleased that you were able to do this, I just wondered though how do you do this? Probably sounds like a stupid question but when I'm home alone and I try and process things I get myself into such a state I can't actually do it, do you have any tips on how to do this without getting yourself into a really difficult place mentally? Wish I could do it more.

Hope67

Me too, I would also like to know - as per your question Eyessoblue - it's something I would like to learn how to do. 
Hope  :)

Three Roses

Quoteat the same time I also feel energised and my self-care is better.

This makes me feel happy  :cheer: :applause:

Dee

I love the self care.  You used your senses to sooth you.  Nice!

Blueberry

Thanks everybody!  :grouphug:

I wrote about my form of trauma processing here: http://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=7643.msg51389#msg51389

I see I wrote at the bottom of it: "don't try this alone at home." It's taken me a long time to be able to do it on my own. Now it's much faster too. Screen up, picture frame on that, reduced size, one after the other bam bam bam.

The good thing this time around was that I came across problems (like abuser climbing out of picture frame) and unexpected 'turns' (e.g. 2 connections instead of 1) but I was able to solve them all and keep going. Don't have to re-do this topic with T next appointment.  :thumbup: :cheer:

Something like EMDR on your own?  :Idunno: if it would work.

sanmagic7