freeze response as and adult if you did as a child, minor TW

Started by Dee, February 09, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyon

I am saddened and angry that so many males have caused so much trauma for young women, and that our female members suffer for it.

But the irony is that all my childhood  trauma was caused by women.

The two facts stated above result in a bit of cognitive dissonance for me.

Phoebes

Dee, I think it's because this was more recent, later in life, and I had had enough of that. It wasn't very graceful, and I find it weird how my family doesn't respect people's boundaries. So obnoxious. Maybe I felt if he was going to act like a child and keep poking me when I asked him not to, it was easier to assert myself as the adult of the situation. lol

Elphanigh

Gwyon, I totally understand the cognitive dissonance that's would occur there. Thank you for recognizing how much men have done to the female members here. I have an odd perspective because I had sexual abuse from both genders for large periods of time. Abuse from either is truly terrible, I am sorry you experienced that.

Phoebes, I am glad you could assert yourself. It is truly obnoxious they insist on pushing your boundaries

Elphanigh

So I know I am bringing back a somewha old thread, but it happened today at work with a coworker of mine. I froze and let it happen more than once because she is generally a safe human being. I let it be because I didn't know how to react.. I just froze...  :Idunno: :'(

Blueberry

safe  :hug: if that's OK otherwise just standing with you. Been there, done that i.e. let that happen.

Dee

Not knowing how to react is part of it.  Not being able to react is another part.  Sucks.

Elphanigh

Blueberry, the safe hug is good right now. Thank you  :hug:

Dee, it is frustrating. Both parts truly do suck, and I find myself so frustrated at myself today

Dee

I understand that so much.  That was how I felt when I started this thread.  It's like we practice, work, and when in the situation  forget it all.  I can only hope that it highlighted what I need to work on more on so when it is more serious I can react in a better way.

Elphanigh

That is a good way to frame it, Dee. If it is okay I may use that a little bit to help my own feelings on this

Dee