Why doesn't FOO understand??

• 1 Replies

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Why doesn't FOO understand??
« on: February 12, 2018, 04:28:52 PM »
is a rhetorical question of mine sometimes. As in: How can they be so blind??

I'd like to link to Out Of The Fog where a member postulates that FOO actually does get it http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=71904.0

Might help some of us with our FOO problems.
Should is
never good,
for me.

ah

• View Profile
Re: Why doesn't FOO understand??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:47:26 PM »
Thanks so much for posting it, I read it and saved it for later re-reading. That bit about Original Sin...  :yeahthat: exactly, that's what it feels like.

I keep having this question too. Like an itch I keep scratching, believing that if I get at an answer there can be mutual understanding for once. But there's where I keep getting it wrong, because FOO and I just don't speak the same language. I'm interested in communication and understanding, they're... not.

To my F, I think I'm the blind one. He probably thinks of me (if he ever does) as stupid, as fun, as good prey. There's no way I could really get anything across to him. But others too who aren't sadistic but "just" very narcissistic can be equally impossible to reach, the gap is too big. We're lost in translation. We don't want the same things.

It hurts like hell, it's retraumatizing in ways so awful I have no words for it, but it's a hopeless cause in my case. Not that I'm ever going to accept it  :Idunno: