Hello

Started by Firefly, February 17, 2018, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefly

I am new. Just found this site after calling out sick from work for 3 days coz I can't deal with the trigger there. What a fail.
I'm in therapy and struggling with that as well. Just feeling very defeated and not wanting to be around people in person but need some form of connection. Hoping this community can help me see how others deal with this.  :Idunno:

Blueberry

Welcome on board Firefly!  :heythere:

Dee

sanmagic7

glad you're here, firefly.  i've found this a great place for connection, support and understanding.  i hope you find the same.  we're all in the same boat here.  looking forward to seeing more of you when you're ready. 

Kizzie

Welcome Firefly, I see your light in the dark  :yes:    :thumbup:

Can I just say that I don't think needing to be home because of triggers at work is a fail? Trauma just demands attention, eats up emotional and physical energy, and makes it hard to think so that sometimes we need to "go away" and recharge, bring down the emotional flashbacks we experience to a manageable level. 

You came here and that's great because you are connecting rather than isolating.  And it sounds like you are ready to try and figure things out.  (e.g., asking yourself "What was it at work that was so triggering and why?  How does my past play into this trigger?" What if anything can I do to decrease the trigger?" )

As you can see from my tag line, I encourage lots and lots of self- compassion, also kindness and acceptance that there is a lot going on when you have  Complex PTSD and there is only so much energy to go around.  I found as I have recovered, the intensity and frequency of triggers decreases and that I have more energy for other things. I hope this is true for you also  :hug: