Intrusive thoughts

Started by Rainagain, February 19, 2018, 11:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainagain

The reason I can't get to sleep or remain asleep is down to intrusive thoughts.

I know this is a common symptom but it annoys me.

Its like trying to sleep while being pecked by crows sometimes.

If I have a few things on my mind forget sleep, it isn't on the menu.

Had about 20 mins sleep but wide awake again. Impossible.

Oh well

Rainagain

???

Sleep is overrated anyway

Dee

I know exactly what you mean.  I do the same thing.  I know it is at night when our brain tries to process things, making sleep harder.  Honestly, I have to have medications to shut it down and even then it is a hit or miss.

Contessa

I hate it when that happens. Went through a bout over Christmas. Not fun.

Rainagain

O  so tired now.

Need a nap!

Eyessoblue

Hi, I had this discussion today in therapy, have been suffering with really bad night terrors and now in a pattern of not wanting to go to sleep. My therapist has told me to get a note pad and pen, before I go to sleep I need to jot down everything I'm feeling and put the pad away, if I wake up in the night I need to jot down again my thoughts and feelings, I must not read back on it, it's a way you clear your mind in order for you to sleep soundly, will be trying this tonight.

Blueberry

:wave: Rainagain

I don't think I even have intrusive thoughts much atm. I'm just back to front in timing. Awake at night, asleep on and off in the day. Has been that way for a while. I haven't managed to get myself back on a normal schedule yet. Don't want to, I admit. Doesn't sound like your problem though.

Rainagain

I think the intrusive thoughts prevent me getting to sleep and wake me up, but the nightmares wake me up too.

The result is I sleep during the day to catch up with sleep, which stops me getting to sleep at night I think.

Its pretty muddled really.

Contessa

:yeahthat:
For years. I used to love going to bed to relax and imagine things before sleep. Had fun with my imagination. Years of anger is no help.

Did a sauna and swim cycle a couple of months ago and slept like a baby that night. Not the others surrounding though. Trying my hand at yoga now. Feeling tired now, in bed earlier than usual lately.

Might be something to this.

Rainagain

I have degrees of intrusive thoughts, the ones that cause me to be angry are possibly the worst, writing them down wouldn't be useful, they seem to hit my brain like angry bees when I'm in a highly vexed state.

The less intrusive ones are more general unease issues, they become insistent when I'm generally cross but quieten down if I'm in my normal state.

They are in my subconscious, they are in my brain like brandy in a Christmas Pud,

Must get a grip of it all.