New User- My story- TRIGGER WARNING

Started by CrashPhenomena, February 21, 2018, 01:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPhenomena

! TRIGGER WARNING !

So i'm new here and i'm not sure exactly where to start so i guess ill just tell my story. Any advice on a good recovery path is appreciated.

For about a year I was pulled into human trafficking and my experiences ranged from physical to sexual to emotional abuse by many people. I was involved in forced labor, torture, starvation, prostitution, and forced combat with others.

When I got out of the situation I built walls around the memories and forgot about it until i turned 16 and my walls broke down. I was told i have depression and given pills I didn't take. Currently I am in a good relationship and I am in a good place. but I cant seem to get over the memories and I get flashbacks and hallucinations. I also suffer many of the symptoms which I don't remember all of. I get a decent amount of exercise and i eat okay. I guess I'm in a pretty good spot right now. Thoughts?

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, CrashPhenomena! You've been thru a lot, I'm glad you're here.  :hug:

Take things slow. Let the memories come (or not) as they will - don't try to rush things. Stick around, read our stories, ask questions when something stands out to you; we'll help you as much as we can.

Sometimes it's just a huge relief to know you weren't the only one. Thanks for joining!

Dee

Welcome.  I'm glad you are in a good place right now.

Elphanigh

Hi there,

I am glad you have found this place. This place is full of support and compassion, that I think helps heal all of us at least a bit.  :hug: Definitely come read, and post as it feels right to you. There will always be someone that can pipe up and make us not feel alone here.

Thanks for joining, glad to have you here and sharing already  :hug: