covering up past SH

Started by Dee, February 23, 2018, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

With a few relapses I've done well with not using SH to cope.  I have one arm that has less scaring and all but one scar was flat so I went to get it covered.  The tattoo artist was awesome.  I got an unusual flower that I like and she used my scars as a guide.  She drew directly on my arm to make the stencil and turned bigger scars into leaves, smaller ones into petals.  It looks great now.  I can still see some of the scars, but only with close, intense inspection.  No one would ever be able to see them without knowing to look and where to look, and even then it is hard.  The tattoo is big, takes up the entire underside of my forearm, but it had to be, and it is beautiful.

I made an appointment to go back in just over a month and do the other arm.  That one has a lot more scaring, and one that is fairly recent, but small.

I'm excited that it really did work.  I also don't think I could ever cut a beautiful tattoo.  Maybe, short sleeves are in the forecast this summer.

miaoue

:cheer: that sounds so gorgeous Dee! i have been lowkey thinking about getting inked but i wasn't sure how well it would go on over scars...it sounds like that was not a problem :)

i'm rooting for you to get the other arm done and then show off your body art in some short sleeves!

Blueberry

sanmagic7

my d1 did exactly the same thing to cover a  sh scar on her upper chest - she had them do a sunburst and it worked out really well.  very creative thinking.  kudos to you, dee.  looking forward to short sleeves.  big hug.

Three Roses

I love tattoos and want more. So glad this is turning out great for you! Short sleeves, yay!  :cheer:

Elphanigh

So glad to see this, Dee  :cheer: I love the work tattoo artist can do with this sort of stuff. It sounds truly beautiful

Deep Blue

I'm so glad you are happy with it.  I've never gotten a tattoo before but have been thinking about getting one for the same exact reason.  It sounds lovely  😃