A different approach to writing it all out

Started by songbirdrosa, February 27, 2018, 03:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

I mentioned a little while ago that the T I was seeing at the time wanted me to write about everything that had happened to me in excruciating detail, which I was uncomfortable doing. Well, my new T had an alternative solution to this dilemma. To copy and paste the story I'd already written on here (which is in the general sub-forum on Childhood Causes if anyone is curious), but instead of going into any further depth on it, she asked me to write a timeline of when it all happened.

I've just finished it, and at two and a half pages it's a lot more than even I thought. Seeing it on the screen, all that stuff reduced down to simple dates and a line or two of stating the occurrence has made me see all the patterns. During my adult life, periods where I had a few incidents happen are accompanied by clusters of other events like having to move or quitting my job or study. The immediate affect these things were having on my psyche and what it made me do (like neglect my rent or convince myself that I'd never finish my degree) are as plain as day. Hospitalised? A month later I moved and quit my job. Broken ankle? After six weeks, goodbye mathematics degree.

It's a revelation!

Three Roses

Blueberry

Glad you have a new T, songbird, with whom you seem to be more comfortable.  :thumbup:  :hug: