Building resilience?

Started by Contessa, March 02, 2018, 02:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Today was an interesting day.

It was a bit tough in that I copped it from two different people, had to part with a lot of money for large transactions, and was put on alert for the mortality of a family member.

In a fragile state, this would easily throw a traumatised person in a spiral. I had a few anxious moments, but quickly regathered focus. The difficulty of the situation was acknowledged, understanding why the others put heat on me like they did, yet personally not agreeing with their behaviour meant I did not get gripped with shame...

I worked with the situations and did not fight or lose my temper. Nor did I lose concentration. Utimately, I still achieved my goals for the day, the negativity was just an unfortunate happening along the way to get things done. Not my problem really.

This is a step up in overall emotional resilience. Not all adversities will be handled this way, but it is a promising overall improvement. Hang in there me :)

Dee

Good for you.  It is so nice when we can recognize our growth. 

I feel most of us were always resilient, or we wouldn't be here.  It is just that we forget sometimes and don't tap into it.

Blueberry

Sounds like great progress and strength Contessa! Yay you. :cheer:

Rainagain

You achieved your goals through adversity, that is a triumph!

Really pleased for you.

Contessa

Absolutely. What a triumph.

I also gained an appreciation for what it must feel like for others to be on the other end of my crankiness at times. Good experience in thinking about how I can modulate my behaviour in future.

sanmagic7