Guest Bogger Pete Walker

Started by Kizzie, March 11, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Please be sure and stop by the OOTS Blog . Our guest is Pete Walker, author, therapist & survivor and he will be responding to questions/comments about the first five of his "Top Ten Practices for Navigating Complex PTSD" from his third book "Homesteading in the Calm Eye of the Storm." 

Dee

radical

Many thanks, Kizzie.
That's wonderful.
It is the 12th of March where I am.   Is there some way of indicating the time and date of his appearance here so that those of us in different time zones can translate it?  For example, if there was an indicator of the official OOTS date and time, people in other zones can add or subtract according to the date and time where they are, and know when it will happen according to their own time.
thanks again

Kizzie

Rainydaze

Just read it, wonderful blog post and feeling a bit starstruck.  ;D ;)

Kizzie

LOL, tks so much for posting in the blog Blues.  it feels a bit strange to me too but I am so uplifted at the same time that he is making himself accessible to us.  He" walks the talk" imo. 

And on that note, if you  (i.e., members of the community) would, plse take the risk risk and post a comment/question. I'm certain Pete can be totally trusted not to bite  :yes:

Dee

I tried to post, couldn't do it...  The inner critic really took over.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. 

Kizzie

I know exactly what you mean Dee, I feel like pulling the covers over my head a bit right now because I am 'out there' chatting with Pete and even though I know he is compassionate and kind and would never "bite", part of me feels, well, like hiding.

I did not anticipate feeling this way because I really do want OOTS to raise awareness of CPTSD and to connect with clinicians, authors, researchers, etc.  However, my reaction has shown me I need to check in with myself more and practice a bit more self-care - small little movements forward are just fine.  :yes:

Anyway, plse don't push - if you're not ready, you're not ready and he will be back.  :hug:  Same for everyone else, sorry for any pressure  :grouphug:

Kizzie

Please note that Pete Walker will only be here a few more days if you want to post a comment or question.  Link = http://www.outofthestorm.website/guest-bloggers/

Hope67

I just tried to post a comment, Kizzie, and it was this:

"I am a bit nervous to post a comment, but my question is to you, Pete - to say I have read your books, and found them really good. I am currently trying to work on many things, including whittling down my inner critic and outer critic - but I am also regarding them as 'wounded parts' as 'fragmented parts' and I also dissociate quite a bit, so I just wondered if 'befriending the parts' can help with the process of coping with the critics, and what your experience is of that - I hope this comment makes sense. Hope67."

But it said I wasn't logged in, and I was then too concerned about how I did that, and worried that it might somehow put my real name up on the comments if I logged in - I don't know how to do it.  But that was my comment, and I'd to add it, but don't know how to!!!   Not sure if it makes sense really - as I feel quite anxious now... lol

Kizzie

Oh dear Hope, sorry about that.   :hug:    Great question - I wonder that myself so will be very interested to hear his reply.

You can post anonymously - after you write your post, when you hit "Post Comment" just fill in your forum name under  "Name," leave the rest blank and then click on "Comment as a Guest"   You'll see a "Trial" post now that's anonymous - that's how I posted it.

I'll have a look at what happens if you click on login, it logged me in as Kizzie but then I have access to all the various accounts at OOTS.  Just heading out but will advise everyone once I'm back and check it out.

Hope67

Thanks for your help Kizzie, I managed to post my question!   :)
Hope  :)

Kizzie

Hope67

Wow, Kizzie, I am so excited that Pete replied to my question - and his reply is so helpful to me, I have copied and pasted it into my 'helpful file' for future reference, and I am still riding on the excitement of having his reply. 

Just wanted to share that.    :cheer: and thanks to you, Kizzie for arranging for him to be a blogger here.   :hug:

Hope  :)

Kizzie

That's great  :thumbup:   

I think he's rather enjoying himself as I asked him to stay until Fri and he said he could stay until next Tuesday.  I can certainly understand as we are a lovely community if I do say so myself   :yes:

:grouphug: