Just some things I need to share (Possible triggers)

Started by Phoenix1392, March 15, 2018, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix1392

First and foremost - thank you for welcoming me so warmly to this forum.
I'm still fairly new and it's quite a relief finding somewhere I feel that I belong and can be understood without harsh judgment.
I post in the Development in Adulthood portion because although I have some traumatic childhood experiences that lead to where I am now - I feel as though the trauma that I experienced in my adulthood is what really set all of what I go through and feel each day is what set it all in concrete.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason. If I don't believe that, then everything that I have seen and been through would have been for nothing.
I struggle daily with anxiety, intrusive thoughts, fluctuating sleep patterns, crying-spells, dissociation, etc. And on occasion - because of these things - I tend to experience depression (especially when a triggering event happens.)
Recently, I fought my way out of a deep depression after losing someone very important to me in my life and had just begun to be some sort of semblance of myself again. I was truly enjoying things in life and feeling incredibly positive.

And then it happened.
What happened to me in my adulthood happened to a girl younger than I am that I know. And she has confided in me. She reaches out to me when she is feeling the way that I sometimes do because I made sure she knew that I am a safe place and that I understand what she might be going through.
I truly believe that helping others helps me. That I went through these things to help other people when they go through them because I made it out alive and I didn't lose myself entirely.
However, it also has me experiencing major setbacks. Making my whole body hurt. And making me sick.
But I cannot and will not turn my back on her because I know that in my times of need I wanted someone to be there for me.
I'm not really sure where I am going with this or what I'm expecting by sharing it.
Maybe it's because I can't talk about it where I am because 'I'm not supposed to know about it' and I just need someone to listen.

Anyway, thank you again for the warm welcome. I just need strength. ♥

Three Roses

I hope you truly can make an impact in her life, and be there for someone when there was no one there to help you. I hope you also experience some healing from helping her.

I would caution you to go slowly and mindfully, to avoid overdoing it and reinjuring yourself. You say you're triggered and sick and those are  not good signs. Please be careful, you're important too.  :hug:

Rainagain

3 roses knows stuff.

Help where you can but look after yourself too.

Don't become another casualty is the way to provide an emergency response.

Good for you for putting yourself out there, but be kind to yourself too.