My first noticeable progress!

Started by Cookido, March 17, 2018, 04:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookido

Wanted to share my first noticeable progress with you.

It started while listening to a pod and I got triggered by something that was said. My inner critic started shaming and guilt-tripping me.

I went to OOTS to the IC forum, remembering there was information how to cope. So I tried the steps in  the article "Calm your inner critic". And something amazing happened!

For others it might seem like the smallest thing, and therefore I felt like sharing on this forum where someone might understand what a huge step it was for me. The coping technique made me feel proud of myself for the first time ever.

It wasn't just a thought, it was a feeling. I didn't recognize the emotion, it was short, coming on and off for just a second. But it was there. I think what I felt was being proud. (I actually had to google if proud even was a feeling to make sure I wasn't way out, omg).

It might sound abstract, but I'm used to being numb or feeling negative feelings such as guilt, sadness, anger etc. This was new, and comforting. I could be proud over myself, even if only for a second. I didn't even know I could feel proud over myself. But I have that in me, the emotion exists!

I will keep exploring feelings and make the IC shut up. I'm seeing some hope, especially because I did it by myself, almost, this forum made it possible in the first place. ♡

Thank you

Blueberry

Libby183

Well done, cookido.

In my experience, once you have one of these breakthroughs, others are sure to follow. Keep telling yourself how proud you are. That is such a valuable thing to do. And tell all of us here,  because we are proud of you as well!

Libby.

Three Roses

This is huge! Progress! I'm so happy for you!!

:fireworks:

sanmagic7

cookido, that is so wonderful.  no small feat at all.  to have that kind of breakthrough is tremendous, and i think it shows that you are indeed making progress of the best kind.  it may not last, but you now know it's there, so i don't doubt it will come back and bring all it's positive relatives with it in time.  well done, sweetie.  big hug full of congratulations and continuing opening of those positive doorways.