My experience of the GP (Doctor)

Started by Hope67, March 26, 2018, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fen Starshimmer

Hello Hope,
It's nice to connect with you again on here. I will look out for more posts from you about Janina Fisher's fabulous book in the Books section. I have been dipping into it again. I am up to chapter 5 on 'Befriending our Parts', and finding it so interesting. It's making so much sense. I really must make some time to find and identify my parts. I think a quiet morning would be the best time, after a meditation when I will be less easily triggered. I wish all GPs and trauma therapists could read and learn the methods set out in this book, or at least be aware of them, then they would be less likely to cause us more harm or misdiagnose us, as is too often the case.

I suppose it's natural to be taken by surprise when reading past writing now and again, especially if we have a strong inner critic. Maybe we got lost in our own little world for a while, like being dissociated, but in a positive way.  ;D I think that happens to me sometimes, and I don't mind it at all. It's like an escapism. I always find your posts sensitively written, and you do seem to have a knack with words. :) Reading and writing on here can be a kind of therapy in itself, don't you think? Sharing is unburdening, an outlet for releasing emotional energy and having feelings validated. So important.

Wishing you a peaceful week of continued progress in your recovery.  :hug:

Fen 

Hope67

Quote from: Fen Starshimmer on May 27, 2018, 08:51:15 PM
I really must make some time to find and identify my parts.

Dear Fen,
Thank you so much for this lovely reply, and I agree with you that finding some time to identify our parts - it's important.  I would like to wish you the best with it.  I have made a start, and I am trying to communicate and befriend my parts - it is going ok, although sometimes I feel like I'm making some progress, and then it's like I am unable to connect - it definitely varies!

I have mislayed Janina's book - I need to find it!  I really want to re-read it - I had started to re-read it, and then got distracted by some other books.  I am like a butterfly sometimes - never able to stick with any one thing - but maybe that's a combination of being lead by different 'parts' - and it might depend on what the dominant part is leading my personality - I don't mean that I'm unaware of things, merely that different elements of my personality seem to be dominant at different times in the day.

I wonder if you experience something similar, or whether it's different?

Anyway, wishing you a good week.

Hope  :)

SpacePasta

I can relate, Hope. My personality seems to be different at different types of the day.

Sometimes I like something new. Sometimes I like something routine. Sometimes I want to be alone. Sometimes I want to be with others.

We're all different, and I'm happy to hear you're trying to understand our complex natures.   ;)

Hope67

Hi SpacePasta,
Thanks for your reply and it is helpful to hear your perspectives - how your personality seems to be different at different times of the day - I do relate to that.  Understanding our complex natures, yes, that is what I try to do for myself, and I also try to understand other people too - and it is fascinating and like you say - we're all different.  But it's good we can relate to one another's experiences and help each other.
Hope  :)