ch. 4 -- around the next corner

Started by sanmagic7, March 30, 2018, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

darling sweet sceal, i'll take those hugs and hold them close.  thank you so much.

so, it's moving day today.  of course, i still have to pack up my computer - last to go, first to give attention to when i get to where i'm going.  my d is a lot more excited the past few days, so that's lifted my heart a lot.  we're both very much looking to get into a different environment, one with less drama and tension.  i think it will be healing for both of us.

she told me that she still has a problem allowing me to give her 'mother love'.  as in, hold her when she's in distress, be a comfort to her.  i know this goes back to the madness in our family, when her sister drained all the energy out of us parents and we didn't have enough to go around for her.  besides, she saw what we were going thru and tried to keep out of the way, not asking for anything, like comfort, etc. from us.

so, at 37, she still resists it.  she's in touch with a former t, and i mentioned that she might ask to get help with that since we'll be living together.  she knows that i go thru the mother-love thing, and that i want to be there for her.  i hope we can get this resolved.  if not, then i guess it will be what it is.

so, until i get online again, here's hoping for the best for everyone.  love you dearly. :bighug:

Sceal

Perhaps a smaller step forward for your d might be for you to just hold her hand, or a comforting hand on her back instead?

Good luck moving!

Deep Blue

Best wishes for an easy transition. Hope the move goes well.   :bighug:

sanmagic7

i'm here, still unpacking.  just wanted to let you know i'm safe and sound.  more when i get some energy.  but, all is good.  thinking of you all.

Snookiebookie

:wave:

Hi there!  I hope all is well. 

Sending hugs  :hug:

Hope67

Hi SanMagic,
Good to hear you're ok, and wishing you the best with your packing.  Big hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

Elphanigh

Glad you are safe and sound. Take all the unpacking as slowly as needed to keep your energy levels okay. Love you, dear  :hug:

sanmagic7

snook, hope, and el, thank you.  you've all been in my thoughts while this has been going on.  i'm finally very tired, but i think we have most things we need for now.  still have stuff to unpack and move, but we're not fussed.  we love where we live, altho everything we've heard about the owner is that he's a duckhead.  there are issues that hopefully will be fixed - wish us luck.

meanwhile, i probably won't be here as much as i was for a bit, but you're all in my heart, and am wishing you the best.  i love you all, and sending warm hugs across space and time. 

Hope67

:hug: SanMagic, and wishing you both luck to sort out the issues with the duckhead - and hope your move goes really well. 
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

thanks, hope.

walking to the library today.  gotta get some paperwork printed out - my d's printer went on the fritz yesterday.

am having a really hard time sleeping lately.  awake after about 3-4 hrs.  don't know what's going on.  i'm glad i can sleep during the day.   

still very tired.  i guess i'm older than i like to believe.

Elphanigh

Sending lots of hugs dear  :hug: I love that you are working on the library, as a book nerd I hope to have a library one day.

Get much needed sleep as you can my dear

Sceal

Happy to hear from you.
Sending a hug  :hug:

sanmagic7

el and sceal, thanks.  it's always good to hear from you, too.

never made it to the library - too beat.  i'm pretty crashed right now.  i think it'll take a few days of laying around, re-grouping some energy before i can get back to walking.  have done a lot of that in the past week.

my d and i are beginning to plan workshops to give in the fall.  i'm nervous - haven't done that in a long time.   long, long time.  when i did them, tho, i really loved doing them, and got a lot of pos. feedback, so i'm hoping what i'm planning will work out well, too.

i want to do a 'creative dynamics' series, including personality, communication, and relationship dynamics (not just couple-type relationships, but friends, family, work-related as well).  still don't have them all put together, and have to make flyers to tack up in various places around town.  it's exciting, and i'm looking forward to seeing if i get any response. 

it feels good to me, tho, to be feeling good enough to even think of jumping back into something like this.  it's been so long since i've had clients - keeping the deadline for appts.  became too nerve-wracking for me.   i'm a ret. therapist now, so i can't actually do therapy anymore, but workshops can be a fun way to teach people in an interactive manner so that they learn in a non-threatening way.  i've always liked that idea.

anyway, that's what's on my plate for the future.  there are a few lovely conference rooms for rent both in the town's community ctr. and the library that would be perfect.  it's fun to have this even muddling thru my mind right now.  we'll see how it goes, but it feels like something grand to look forward to.  yay.

Deep Blue

San,
Workshops sound awesome.  I'll be there in spirit.   :hug: