Just want to sleep

Started by Eyessoblue, March 31, 2018, 06:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Is it normal to just want to sleep especially after emdr? I've been in bed 3 days sleeping on and off waking up more tired, crying loads and just haven't got a positive thought left in me. Is this normal? I've also noticed my hair is starting to fall out just don't know what is happening to me.

Blueberry

Sleeping bouts for days on end after strenuous therapy? Yes! I don't do EMDR that's the only difference.

Eyessoblue

Blueberry thank you, as usual I just need some validation that I'm not going mad!! Thank you for making me feel I'm not...

Libby183

I know that feeling,  eyesofblue.  My EMDR therapist was on leave so I didn't have a session last week,  but I have been so, so tired. I have slept a lot and been so lethargic and unmotivated during the day.  Just sat around really.

It's just a thought but could the clock change have played a bit of a part? I am sure it affects me every time. 

It sounds as if you need the sleep to help cope with all of these emotions you are dealing with.  I would say, sleep as much as you like.  You are listening to your body and quite rightly so.

Take care.

Libby.

Eyessoblue

Libby thank you, yes could well be the clocks changing, I hadn't thought of that! Thank you.x

Dee

EMDR is crazy tough.  I did it inpatient only and I can't imagine trying to do it and have to deal with life.  It took everything out of me.  One of the other patients said that when I came out I looked like I've been in combat.  I sort of was.  I can understand how you might need to rest and process for several days.  I'll be honest, I am not brave enough to do it outside of an inpatient setting.

Eyessoblue

Thank you Dee, yes I don't think I give myself credit for all the emdr I've been having, and going through a particular tough one is obviously going to take a lot more out of me. Well, I've slept and cried for a few days now and am starting to feel mor with it so hopefully on the way to feeling better. Got my last therapy session on Tuesday really worried about the in between struggle until I can go back again which is about 8 weeks time but I'll have to keep trying to be optimistic! Hope all is ok with you?

Dee

I'm good, thank you for asking.

SE7

I am coming out of a long period of psychological abuse from my narcissist family when living with them - and I also have these symptoms of periodically being exhausted physically and I've also noticed my hair falling out more than usual in the past few weeks .. I'm figuring it's from the extreme stress caused by the last emotional abuse attack my NF dealt me last month before I finally moved out. I go through on & off phases of productivity vs. needing to completely do nothing.

DecimalRocket

I haven't tried EDMR, but I can relate to how doing some therapy work can exhaust me. It takes a lot of energy to be able to let out many of our emotions from trauma, and sometimes we need a break. Sometimes I really do fall asleep when I'm that tired, and while I can still be stressed when I wake up, it's overall refreshing. We're human after all. We can only do so much, and so we need to rest.

Take care.