Great Song about Trauma, Caring Others and Recovery

Started by Kizzie, April 03, 2018, 06:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

I was listening to some music on Spotify and this lovely song called Time of Life by a Cdn group called Hillsburn came on.  I found the lyrics very relevant to being part of a community of people who have Complex PTSD :

They leap upon you: Days of trauma; fire and thunder; shame and fright.
Some to grieve through, some that tattoo the skin you're in, your dreams at night.

Seems sometimes you've got wolves around you, you're terrified by the ghosts that hound you. But it gets better, this stormy weather. Its tethered to this time of life.

Had this friend when I was a young man, showed me how to fly a kite.
Not the fun kind, those that help find the people stumbling towards the light.

Seems sometimes you've got wolves around you, you're terrified by the ghosts that hound you. But you've got friends who love to know you. Show you through this time of life

Someday soon all the trees will blossom, the floods recede and these fields you'll cross them. And exaltation, jubilation: The stations to both times of life.

Seems sometimes you've got wolves around you, you're terrified by the ghosts that hound you. Someday soon all the trees will blossom, the floods recede and these fields you'll cross them. And exaltation, jubilation: The stations to both times of life.

Here's the YouTube video of the song - http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107859541686/

Cookido

Beautiful song, especially that it has positivity in it. Felt like sharing some of the lines out of my favorite band. I relate a lot to Maynard's music and turns out he went through childhood trauma as well.

Gravity - A Perfect Circle

Lost again. Broken and weary, unable to, find my way. Tail in hand. Dizzy and clearly unable to, just let this go.

I am surrendering to gravity and the unknown. Catch me heal me lift me back up to the sun. I choose to live.

I fell again. Like a baby unable to stand on my own. Tail in hand. Dizzy and clearly unable to just let this go. High and surrendering to gravity and the unknown. Catch me, heal me, lift me back up to the sun. I choose to live, I choose to live, I choose to live.

Catch me, heal me, lift me back up to the sun.
Help me survive the bottom.

The Remedy - Puscifer

Stick around if your house broken. Can't hold your s*it, hold your tongue, you got to go. Should you choose to react like an imbecile, you'll in turn be treated so.

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means were talking down to you. With all that racket from you lips a-flapping. We assumed you didn't notice.

The Humbling River - Puscifer

Nature, nurture heaven and home
Sum of all, and by them, driven
To conquer every mountain shown
But I've never crossed the river

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own
Yet I'm helpless by the river

Kizzie

Tks for sharing Cookido, :thumbup:   I especially like the first one and the lines  "Dizzy and clearly unable to, just let this go" - so true that we can't just let the trauma go isn't it?!  And  "Catch me, heal me, lift me back up to the sun. I choose to live" which speaks to me about the need to connect and let others help us just as the Hillburn song does. 

It contrasts with the last stanza of the Puscifer song (2nd) "Braved the forests, braved the stone. Braved the icy winds and fire. Braved and beat them on my own. Yet I'm helpless by the river"   which for me again is about not going it alone and the need to connect with others.  I'm think I'm on a bit of a theme  ;D