hello

Started by suzannedamage, April 11, 2018, 09:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzannedamage

Thank you for these pages, invaluable.  I've not found much help out there yet for C-PTSD, in the UK there aren't any therapists offering support yet!  I eventially found Pete Walker online and now have found this wonderful site.

After many years of denial, searching, lack of help (drs advice in the past, join the rotary club, you look fine there's nothing wrong with you, here have sone barbituates) the pieces have fallen into place, there are tools to help now.

I have no family, have travelled this journey alone so thought my feelings of isolation were just that, thank you to all those posting before me making me see it is also another symptom of this trauma.  Just meeting you all, seeing this community has helped already!

Dee

Nikki

Welcome to the forum Suzanne, it's good to see it's helping you already.

xo

California Dreaming

Welcome Suzanne. I am really glad to hear that you are feeling less isolated and alone :)

Boatsetsailrose

Hi Suzanne damage glad you are here..
I am in the U.K. too and have found a charity in bristol offering long term trauma therapy for no cost which is amazing. Also I previously I was seeing a child trauma therapist via the nhs.
There are also lots of private therapists in the U.K. doing the work.
Wishing u all the best on your recovery journey this forum is so rich in support and info. Finding home at last :)