Finally reading Pete Walker's book

Started by Contessa, April 17, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Almost two years sinse the first time I posted here. Knew I would read it, but wanted to give it time.
Good so far :)

Kizzie

What I liked abut his writing is that he does seem to know CPTSD from the inside out (survivor) and the outside in (therapist), which is a unique perspective and the reason I think it resonated so much for me. 

You may want to check out  the OOTS blog where he answered questions and responded to comment about the first five of his "Top Ten Practices for Navigating CPTSD"  (from his newest book) a few weeks ago - http://www.outofthestorm.website/guest-bloggers/.  He will also be back in a few weeks to talk about the last five.

Contessa

That's right Kizzie. It's a very validating book, though i'm happy to read it from a place of distance too, reading it as a facual book from a logical standpoint, and not from an emotional one.

Yes the blog was a reminder to start it finally- what a great writer. You can tell he cares about the audience.

SE7

Thanks for the reminder to get back to reading Pete Walker's book! I started reading it, jumping around to key chapters & highlighting them in Kindle, but life gets in the way and I forget to go back to reading. I just went back today & it so clearly describes what goes on with me. It is by far the most specific revelation I've ever had about my own condition. God bless him!