Stressed out !

Started by Boatsetsailrose, April 12, 2018, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hi
I'm getting support but I just am in such a flux of what to do ...
Basically I don't know if I'm fit for work or not .. I see the doc in 2 wks ( who won't be my regular doc as can't get an appointment with her but will keep trying).
I know I can't nurse anymore and so I was taking the tact of getting other type of less stressful work but then came to the realisation I can't manage full time work and part time in other work is low paid for what I've seen !
Then I thought I'll go down the benefits ( welfare ) route but my how do people live in that money? And here in the U.K. single people in house shares get so little housing support it's ridiculous.
So today I just don't know what the * to do or how to think about things...
I can look at a redeployment option in the nhs to a non nursing role but a I don't know if that's possible with how I've exhausted sickness.
I've now gone onto 1/2 pay and end June my pay will cease altogether

Feel stressed, worried and not in control

Rainagain

Hi

You really need sound advice, and quickly.

Your employer needs to decide if you are disabled in law and redeployment might be an answer, especially if adjustments are made.

Try to stay in the NHS, get yourself advice from citizen advice bureau, union, legal advice from your car or home insurance, employee helpline if there is one.

Its the responsibility of the NHS to try to help you, don't resign or anything until all options are examined.

Boatsetsailrose

Thank u rain
I'm less stressed today..
Yes I come under disability and reasonable adjustments have been made previously, they have been very good. This time around it's if a non nursing role could be available to me.
Yep I'm getting support from union and going to see cab next wk..
Thank u for what u have said yep had that advice a lot to 'stay put' so that seems the sensible thing to do.

Blueberry

:hug: :hug: good advice from Rainagain! It's hard for me to tell exactly, not in UK. But I've tried my best not to go down welfare route, and I stayed officially employed as long as I could, even though I was written off sick, so that means 'stay put'. Employment is such a big topic for me I wanted to reach out to you. I'm glad you're less stressed today.

Rainagain

I'm glad you are supported,
Be sure to check out the redeployment policy, it might be part of the capabilities policy, or not.

I don't see how sickness absence would affect redeployment if it is done as a reasonable adjustment or under the redeployment policy.

My ex employer (government organisation) let me down in this area so be thorough.

Boatsetsailrose

Thank you blueberry, yes I thought the welfare ( called benefits in the U.K.) route could be one if just surrender to but gee how people live on that money !
I can work it's just got to be manageable.

Thank you rain yes thorough is important .. that is on my list for next wk reading those policies and getting clear

Blueberry

Quote from: Boatsetsailrose on April 14, 2018, 08:29:14 PM
I can work it's just got to be manageable.
:cheer: :thumbup: and I figure it's got to be in everybody's interest to keep people in the workforce and not on benefits of some sort.

Rainagain

The other Aspect is occupational health reports.

You have probably had this already but further reports may be needed.

Don't go alone as I did, you need help to get the most out of them, there is guidance about that online.

Boatsetsailrose

Thanks rain
So the current plan is to get my head down and look for jobs to apply for. It looks my re deployment option if they go for it ( I need to gain clarity) is I can be on the list for 4 wks so that would be beginning of June. That gives me 2 mths to find work either out or in nhs.
I am fit for work as long as it's manageable work. Yes, I had occ health begin March I'll need to ask for another one mid May to determine I'm fit for work. When u say getting guidance on line, what do u mean please?
Thanks rain 

Rainagain

Hi
I meant that there is advice online about the OH process, ACAS. Unison, personnel organisations.

I got badly done over so I'm hoping you can be supported and protected.

Good luck

Boatsetsailrose

Ah I see ok thank u for sharing that I have a good union rep and it's a good point I never thought of her coming to a oh assessement .

Rainagain

I had 5 oh assessments as I was circling the drain, all ignored by my employer.

It would have helped me to have had someone with me, its allowed I think.

Its also good to know what you want from the assessments.

Good luck