I feel arrogant and naive, not wise.

Started by DecimalRocket, April 16, 2018, 07:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecimalRocket

Hey, thanks all of you.  :grouphug:

I've had a good cry yesterday and woke up feeling better.

I exagerrated some of my younger self's mistakes. I was easily judgemental of others and even entitled at times, but I was self aware of this, and often had a very good job at controlling myself to act otherwise. Much of the criticism against me was something I misunderstood or imagined.

I haven't improved to the extent now, but I had self awareness to why I had my issues to some extent. I had a growing humility, honesty and a willingness to try to understand people's perspectives. Even earlier than that, I cared a lot about learning about the truth of things — how I'm really doing in life and what beliefs I'm better off subscribing to for myself.

I did a lot of things on my own, and I shouldn't have gone through it alone, but I've done a lot myself. Because even with isolation, I was still curious. I was well read in a variety of views that allowed me to understand more about the world, instead of becoming too sheltered as a result. Even though I certainly didn't understand it that quickly, and often in black and white ways at first.

I'm not sure if this self compassion will last. It always seems to disappear sooner or later, so I'll guess I'll enjoy it for now.

Blueberry

Wow DR! Such positive insights about yourself  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

sanmagic7

i'm just glad you can enjoy the self-compassion while it's here.  well done.  it's wonderful to see you continue to progress.  love and hugs, d.r.