Politics is like my childhood

Started by sigiriuk, April 24, 2018, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigiriuk

Dear All
One of our members posted on Twitter, about the Orange narcissist in the White House, and how it reminded them of childhood abuse. I did not think too much about it at the time, but a couple of weeks go by.
In the UK, we have a Far Right government who are now openly racist, and like the US, there is so much hatred floating about. The Politicians think of no-one but their self-interest, either right or left of centre, GOP or democrats.
It has really got me down, especially with the horrid shootings in the US.

I grew up around people, like these politicians, self serving, full of anger, hating other people, manipulating, self-absorbed....a real cesspool. And I begin to remember how i grew up, where i was so confused by what was happening around me, and i could not trust any of them. And i feel as powerless now, and that the world is as unpredictable.

Slim

Bluevermonter

Someone Who knew about abuse  once said that boring, stable, and nonthreatening was a sign of a "normal" person. And its opposite, I.e., drama, controversy, and bullying was a sign of someone to avoid.

It's easy to lose faith in times like this. I have no idea what lies ahead for our future. I feel like a turtle pulled into a shell.

But because I was a teenager in the 1960's and a bit too young to get involved in the great causes of that era, I do not hesitate now to let people know exactly where I stand when various subjects come up. As politely and respectfully as I can be.

It hurts me to know that friends and family have been so taken in by his abusive notions. I've gone NC with the worst of them. All I can do is stand firm in my morality and never be swayed into thinking this man will ever do anything good.

When his abusive notions pop up in countries around the world, it's like fleas, but way worse.