Has anyone tried online CBT?

Started by Gromit, May 12, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gromit

I am on a waiting list for CBT, but, today I had a letter offering me online CBT as I have been on the waiting list for a while now.

I've not had specific CBT and never online therapy so I was looking for people who had and who could give me their opinions of it, good or bad.

Thanks,
G

Deep Blue

I'm in CBT now.  It's been helpful for me, but it's so individual.  I have never heard of it being done online.  Do you know what the format is?

Gromit

The provider is IESO Health. That is all I know, but I did take a look at their website.

Yes, Deep Blue, it is individual, & probably more to do with the therapist themselves than the model of therapy, in my opinion.

G

Deep Blue

Good luck to you.  Maybe you will get lucky and it will be a good fit during the in between?  What does your gut tell you?

Gromit

Thanks, my gut says hold out for the face to face, which cannot be that much longer.

Deep Blue

I find you to be a thoughtful person that doesn't just jump into things.  If your gut says wait for face to face, I would listen to it.  Till then we are here if you need us  :grouphug: