Dating, sort of

Started by Cookie72, May 14, 2018, 08:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie72

Left my ex 3 months ago after a long marriage, got in touch with someone I had a brief fling with 20 years ago.  Despite not living in my area anymore, we have started dating long distance.  I wasn't sure if I could date, I thought my "baggage" was too big, but he already knew quite a bit of it from before, though was very sad to hear that I've had a lot more since he last knew me.

I'm astounded how different it feels, being intimate scared me, I've had years of coercion and SA from my ex, and for a month I didn't even let him kiss me, even when he drove hundreds of miles just to see me.  He stayed around, reassuring me, waiting for me to do things in my own time.  I was scared he would reject me, but he just wanted to help me to recover.  There are some issues, things I can't do, but he is absolutely clear with me that I must NEVER do anything I don't want to, and certainly not out of duty or feeling obligated, he doesn't want that, and actually it would eat him up to think he had done anything that hurt me.  I think (hope) he's a keeper.  I'm actually daring to hope that I can be happy.

Estella

That's really sweet Cookie72. I hope things pan out well for you  :grouphug: you deserve it.