New to site

Started by thetruth, May 14, 2018, 04:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Hey, no need to apologise for typos! sometimes I even manage to leave my own in. It's progress when I do. We doN't  need to produce publishable works here.

jamesG.1

one thing I would say is not to put expectations on recovery times, this is a complex old beast, you will need time to adjust to a whole new way of thinking in order to get back on track.

Learning to see the world with a balance of caution and realism and yet to embrace the best that life can offer is a big challenge. Often these things can seem almost impossible to have in your head at the same time, but it's all a question of perception. The world around us is a mirror of the natural world with its beauty and wonder side by side with predators and parasites. There are a million ways that nature can harm us but we accept it as something special even so. That is how we have to learn to see our personal interactions after C-PTSD. Yes, we have been badly abused and harmed by the worst of human nature, but these people, destructive as they are, are in a minority. There is beauty, honesty and integrity out there in a far greater quantity and so we have to learn that the bumps we have suffered are in isolation.

Narcissists are deeply sad people. They can seem powerful, all knowing and powerful if they have you compromised but they are merely parasites and are not more impressive than a tick. They exploit because they cannot possibly win a fair fight, cannot be loved unless they trap and they cannot hope to be in a meaningful relationship even with themselves.

Their victims are always kind and well meaning people or those for whom this broken trust was forced upon them by fate. But we feel pain and bewilderment because we believe in integrity, fairness and humanity. That's what hurts the most, isn't it? That meaningless abuse of what should be a gold standard of human behaviour.

Well, I know who I'd rather be, and for all the pain and unhappiness that I've been through because I was the only one of my family and associates to stand up and be counted in a time of acute challenges, my moral compass is not a glib concept, it is matter of fact, a historical record.

To be exploited, we had to have something to give, something valuable that they didn't have. It could be integrity, purity, beauty, innocence, a willingness to give, love; but whatever they chose to take from us, we at least know something that they will never know, that is that we have something they don't have and will never have - humanity.