Three Good Things Today - Part 3

Started by Kizzie, May 28, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

1) Packing is going well!!  :cheer: T-minus 4 days until the big day!
2) I have responsibly figured out my finances and communicated with the correct people. This has always been a large struggle and I am finally beginning to learn to face it. Big step for me
3) My cats are my favorite, being sweet and mischievous in their attempt to help me pack. They really are troopers with all the disruptions.
4) I am finally driving my stick shift well! Only took a week   ;D
5) I am starting to feel like I am pulling this new adventure off

Erebor

I recognised that I was being pushed around by my Flight side, and in danger of getting into an unhealthy Flight rut.

I've successfully escaped a short-term but damaging abusive relationship! That wasn't today, but I keep feeling grateful and happy for it, and reminding myself that I did good when the inner critic tries to echo all of the abuser's words.

I'm home and can relax and eat dinner.

Blueberry

Wow, Elpha! Tons of progress in there  :cheer: :cheer:

My 3 Good Things:
1) The post I made yesterday on Outer Critic - I feel it was very brave to write it and leave it up because it shows a not very nice part of me.
2) I was able to come to conclusions today about the OCr. post and move forward - I feel lighter and less of a bad person. It's OK I'm on this earth.
3) Two are enough. The rest are in my Journal.   

Erebor

Definitely need to focus on positives today, struggling a little and the inner critic is active.

1) I am actually achieving my dream job - okay I'm not hired, I haven't even completed my training and it'll take years of work to gain and develop all the skills, but I am actually doing what I wanted to do!!

2) I worked on not allowing an unpleasant Narc's comments, that were intended to undermind me, get to me.

3) I have one decent relationship with a close member of FOO who cares about me, and I'm thankful for our relationship.

Erebor

That sounds like a brave thing to do to me too Blueberry. We can all be less than nice at times, or even down right horrible, I think. Dealing with those times productively/healthy and not by shaming ourselves when those times happen seems very important. It's not a worse or better part of the equation than the inner critic I guess, seeing as either side of the coin views people as worthy of shameless attacks. Only difference is who the attack gets directed at, ourselves or other people. It's funny now I think about it (not ha-ha funny), since by feeling less ashamed about the inner critic I guess that means I think I deserve to be treated in ways that I wouldn't want treat others.

Blueberry

I really need to focus on Good Things for a moment too:
1) I got up and did get to my job
2) The sun is shining and I was in the garden briefly
3) At least, realisations are beginning to come through
4) I thought my monitor was on the bleep but I got it working again  :cheer:

thecandiiclub

Love the question... let's see..

1.. Well I was very busy today and did a lot of cleaning and thinking
2.. I discovered that perhaps I maybe not alone in this whole world
3.. And I found out over 5 million of us have suffered.. that was a shocker.. I cried with mixed feelings..

Elphanigh

1)Today is moving day!
2) Today is my last day at my barista job
3) I have help moving tonight!!

Blueberry

A few more:
1) I enjoyed my cycle up to the farm, past the green hillsides and all the colourful wild flowers blooming, even some of the scents I picked up on riding past  :)
2) I got through my work on the farm, bit by bit, and although I wasn't able to work quickly at all, it was methodical work almost meditative in which I get better grounded and can begin to sort myself better.
3) They gave me some honey, which isn't usual, not one of their normal products.
4) The soup for my late lunch and supper was good.
5) It was still warmish and dry on my ride home

Deep Blue

1. I picked up my printed phone pictures.

2. I enjoyed a milkshake

3.  I bought a new big boy bed for my son.

Blueberry

1) I enjoyed my cycle to and from the farm today too, same conditions as yesterday - sun, green hillsides, scent of flowers I passed by, colourful flowers.
2) Work at the farm continued to ground me
3) When I got home I picked a bunch of herbs and weeds and edible flowers in order to make herb and flower preserves - a new recipe to try. It's cooling atm  :)

Blueberry

1) Got up reasonably early and went to church
2) Did some gardening I'd been intending to do for a while and also picked flowers to bring in
3) Went to choir practise and to sing in other church service and sang lustily and didn't care whether in tune or not  :) - it did me good. I'm still singing in my head
4) Did some  more weed/herb preserving

Laura90

1. I texted an old friend
2. A mantra card helped reassure me
3. I played fetch with my dog

Elphanigh

1) apartment is all moved over
2) First day at my new job is going well
3) I have finally gotten sleep

Athena911

This is my first post here at OOTS - I saw this thread and I absolutely love this idea and this energy!
My three things:
1. Finding this site and signing up to post in the forum
2. My cat cuddling with me and purring
3. My new watercolor paints arrived (i am using artwork as a non-verbal form of expression, as a way of discovering who I really am without all the CPTSD coping strategies that I recently discovered comprise the majority of who I thought I was)

Much love to all you beautiful souls.