How long do I wait?

• 6 Replies

Eyessoblue

• View Profile
How long do I wait?
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »
Today isnít good donít know why had a few flashbacks and nightmares which havenít particularly scared me more just annoyed me. Iím on yet another nhs waiting list for anxiety clinic which I was told I should be contacted at the beginning of May, have been on it for 9 weeks now and nothing!........
So am I entitled to try somehow to contact them? I have no info about it so not even sure where to go with this,  Iím feeling tearful and hurt like Iíve been let down and no one cares, I know Iím probably over reacting but just fed up with waiting list after waiting list.... rant over!

Rainagain

• New member 27/9/17 cptsd diagnosed 20/9/17 oh well
    • View Profile
Re: How long do I wait?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:00:35 PM »
Maybe contact GP secretary and ask for an update?

I've had similar waiting for nothing to happen stuff lately, drives me up the wall.

Eyessoblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:57:34 PM »
RainAgain, wish it was that easy, this is a totally different service from the Gp service itís a local mental health group that runs off the nhs, havenít found any contact details for it yet.

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »
Sounds maddening, Eyessoblue  :pissed: :pissed:             Maybe emoticons help?

Gromit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:52:05 PM »
Do you have a letter or something that says you are on the list? That may have contact details on it. Did they give you a timescale?

I have been on the waiting list for CBT, they told me it was likely to be 20 weeks, but they did send me a monthly letter (or so) apologising for the delays.

Eyessoblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 06:54:43 PM »
Hey gromit, no it was just word of mouth by my therapist she said Iíd hear by the beginning of May, I have no contact details of where it is or who to go to, the only thing I can do is go back to where I saw my counsellor and ask to see if someone can help me from there I think!

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
don't know anything about this, but want to send you love and a big hug while going thru this.  sounds so frustrating.