The step I never thought I'd take

Started by songbirdrosa, July 05, 2018, 07:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

songbirdrosa

First off, hi again everyone! It's been a while since I was on and so much has happened. But the thing I wanted to talk about is the latest development.

I finally took the first step in reporting my brother for his abuse of me. It was an anonymous online report. I filled out a form detailing what happened and when, I had two counsellors with me to help me through it and it took nearly an hour but I did it. I said what I needed to say, wrote the words myself, and submitted the report myself. No one did it for me. I took back some of the power that was stolen from me so long ago. My therapist told me it was a huge thing and that today I took a stand for my inner child.

What happens next is that will be passed on to the police, and the service will follow up with a call tomorrow. I can file official charges later if I choose to.

It's less than 24 hours removed since I did it, and it's still sinking in. I did it. For me. For the little girl I was. For the young woman I am now. No more fear.

Blueberry

radical

Utmost respect.

Take good care of you!

Sceal

sanmagic7

totally brave and wonderful thing you did.  for you, little you, and every little girl who may have come in contact with him in the future.  you not only took some of your own power back, you released it into the world to help protect others.  this may have been done for you, but it has far-reaching effects.  well done.  i applaud you    :applause:   love and   :bighug:    :yourock: