Hi I’m new here

Started by JT0519, July 07, 2018, 03:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT0519

Hello, I am new here. I recently had my intake session and the therapist mentioned many things like anxiety, depression, and specifically C-PTSD. I've been reading up on it but I'm still unsure and nervous about it. I never really thought of myself as having PTSD (but I never tried to think about it honestly).
I've experienced a lot of childhood trauma, from sexual abuse when I was 3, witnessing domestic violence, a borderline mother that I'm still trying to handle these days.
I don't know, I just wanted to put myself out there and see how other people have dealt with the diagnoses of C-PTSD.
I start EMDR therapy next week as well. I'm nervous but hopeful.

Blueberry

Hello JT and Welcome to the forum  :heythere:

Please note that PTSD is different from CPTSD.

You mention in your other post wanting to know what CPTSD is and how it looks in different people. There's a lot of information both on the forum and on the OOTS website in general about it e.g. here http://www.outofthestorm.website/symptoms/. Please take time to look around and read up. It might take a while to assimilate all the information. Some mbrs write about being overwhelmed and scared about the diagnosis - so that's quite normal if you're feeling a bit nervous.

JT0519

Blueberry,
Thank you for the information!
I am very nervous but it makes me feel better that there are others that are going through this. It makes me feel not so alone!

scoutf1nch

Re: CPTSD, I learned most of what I know about it from Pete Walker. He has a website and a couple of books that I've found to be really helpful. I hope that the EMDR works for you!