to Landlord

Started by Blueberry, July 14, 2018, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Dear Landlord,

Can you pleeeeeaaaaaase give me the information I've been waiting for for about 6 weeks?? It was your idea to lower my rent so I don't have to put my office in my apartment where there's no obvious good place for it. And now no matter how often I remind you, in what form i.e. spoken when I see you or as an email as you recently suggested, you don't get back to me on it.  :pissed: :pissed:

I hate being strung along like this! I feel so powerless. I'm at your mercy so to speak. You suggested lowering my rent but there's no way I can force you to or force you to hurry up or anything.

:blowup:

I was so relieved when you suggested it, like an answer to my prayer. And now? I wait in limbo.

Kalmer

:grouphug:

hoping you get an answer in good time Blueberry

Hope67

Hi Blueberry,
This sounds like a really frustrating thing, and I wonder if maybe writing another E-mail to say "I wanted to check if you got my last E-mail, because I am keen to know if you've ..... (list the things you want the landlord to do) - and then sign off with some kind of communication which says 'I hope to hear from you on this issue asap, and appreciate your attention in this matter' - because honestly, I think they should be chased up, and realise there is some urgency. 
I don't know how many times you've mentioned this, but in view of the fact there was an E-mail, at least you can say the date you sent the E-mail, and then you've got a paper-trail you can quote when there is no response - but maybe you might get a reply - I really hope that you do, as it is an understandably frustrating and stressful thing.

:hug: to you Blueberry.
Hope  :)

Blueberry

Thank you Kalmer for good wishes and hugs,  and Hope for ideas.  :hug:

This undoubtedly seems worse because I'm waiting for an answer from enF as well  :pissed: :pissed: So it seems like same-old, same-old. Nonetheless it is frustrating behaviour from landlord too. I'll probably wait till mid-week and then do a follow-up email, my email was the most recent attempt to sort this.

Blueberry

Did follow-up email last week, citing 25th July as my please-tell-me-by date. Still no response.  :blowup:

This is so annoying and frustrating. I can't do anything about it either, except send another email and hope for the best. I am a mbr of the local Tenants' Association but this isn't anything my landlord is required to do. I don't even have anything in writing. If I did, I'd have the new rent amount on it.

The only possibility would be to hand in my notice on my office. But not a real possibility atm because of the speed at which I'm getting rid of stuff: very, very slowly. I'm just not in the kind of emotional place where I can decide what to keep or not. Well, mostly I decide to keep. Got rid of about a shoe-box load of stuff this week. Not enough to be moving office into apartment.

enF hasn't got back to me either :thumbdown:    That doesn't surprise me anymore.